• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Hi Emalagamoo,

I know this wait is troublesome but hopefully you should get it pretty soon now.I waited almost 20 days after submission.

There NOA time varies alot,some folks get it in few weeks and some after awhile.

How did you pay fee?if personal check then watch your bank account.You might be able to ready your case number from the back of check if they are processed.

The total process can vary as well one main reason is background check.There was one guy for AOS his case got final in November by just applying in October.There was another case started and finished in September last year and there can be a case like me waiting since Oct 06.

Jugnu

Still no approval

Hi Jugnu,

I do not know, she did not tell us. My lawyer was with me, after the interview he told me that it will likely be approved (his estimate was 90%). This wait is so discouraging and tiring....sigh

R

Hi Jugnu,

I do not know, she did not tell us. My lawyer was with me, after the interview he told me that it will likely be approved (his estimate was 90%). This wait is so discouraging and tiring....sigh

R

This is kinda weird. I read that many people don't get approve on interview day and they don't get to know the reason. It would never happen like this if you would do CP. That's why USCIS sucks. Probably, your case is fine, but the officer wasn't aware of DV case and didn't know if she should approve or not, or didn't know how to check the case # availibity, so she is going to ask some help, or whatever reason could be.

Thanks Jugnu.

I sent money orders to them... so I think I got no way to know what the status of my application.
Anyway, I've made an appointment with Infopass this Friday. Hopefully I can hear something from them. Wish me luck :O

Just wondering is it just me or everyone applied in July are waiting for the NOA?
Hope it will arrive tomorrow~

Hmz, 2 possibilities I can think of

This is kinda weird. I read that many people don't get approve on interview day and they don't get to know the reason. It would never happen like this if you would do CP. That's why USCIS sucks. Probably, your case is fine, but the officer wasn't aware of DV case and didn't know if she should approve or not, or didn't know how to check the case # availibity, so she is going to ask some help, or whatever reason could be.

Hi Hmz,

the only things I can think of is a change with KCC that I made 1 1/2 week ago, I discovered I put the wrong year of graduation of my bachelor. Or my father changed his name legally a couple of years ago. While I am still using the old family name. However the birth certificate has his old name on it. We did provide a copy and translation of the court decision.

R

Emalagamoo,
I send my AOS even early than you.
Only today my checks were cashed.
I think there is no help to go to local office, without case number they do not tell anything.

Emalagamoo -

Galka is right they will not help except std answer if 30 days have passed then call 1 800 to initiate an inquiry abt it.These two days are imp hopefully your mail box is abt to hit by a NOA.

Jugnu

Hi Jugnu,

R

Hi Rcling26. My AOS was not approved on the day of the interview also. I think they could not approve it then because it was done at an Application Support Center instead of at a district office. I didn't hear anything from them, and then I took an infopass 2 weeks later to ask for the status, but they approved and stamped my passport during the infopass. You should try taking an infopass and inquire about the status.

HenryID, interesting suggestion to know

Hi Rcling26. My AOS was not approved on the day of the interview also. I think they could not approve it then because it was done at an Application Support Center instead of at a district office. I didn't hear anything from them, and then I took an infopass 2 weeks later to ask for the status, but they approved and stamped my passport during the infopass. You should try taking an infopass and inquire about the status.

Thanks for your interesting suggestion :) . My lawyer did arrange with the adjudication officer that if I did not receive my greencard within 3 weeks, he can contact her directly and she will then 'basically' speed it up (anyone understand what this mean???). Was your background check okay during interview?

R.

Dear,
My case number is 2008EU000005..I have got an affidavit of support on june 28, 2008 (for dv 2008), Do you know the end date of the affidavit off the support?

I'v got also a job offer paper notoced by notar (approved by authority- Notar)

Do I need to have cash or banc account?
Thanks for respond

Hi Nallbanni,

The affidavit of support will suffice and having a job offer is even better.They wanna see your financials to determine that you will not become a public charge while in USA and your affidavit of support will cover that part.

There is no harm to show them any financials/proof of business/propety etc however you will be fine without them.

Jugnu

Finally... the NOA for my I-485 arrived. Hope you guys receive yours too.
Just some questions about this notice.
My priority date is blank... does that mean anything?
and I tried to check my status online by using the receipt number on the notice, but it shows the number is not valid??? Is it too early to check that?
and what is ASC code?

Thanks in advance if anyone can kindly answer my question :))
and good luck to every one's AOS!

Hi emalagamoo, NOA questions

Finally... the NOA for my I-485 arrived. Hope you guys receive yours too.
Just some questions about this notice.
My priority date is blank... does that mean anything?
and I tried to check my status online by using the receipt number on the notice, but it shows the number is not valid??? Is it too early to check that?
and what is ASC code?

Thanks in advance if anyone can kindly answer my question :))
and good luck to every one's AOS!

The priority date should be blank, as it is used for greencards applications based on dates that are current, e.g. employment or famliy. You should be able to register yourself online now. The receipt number should start with MSC.

Good luck :D

Euhhh......I base my answers from my experience and because law or rules changes a lot, I can not be responsible for the input. However I do my best to give you the correct and useful information.

Hi,
i`ve been waiting now every day for my interview letter to come in and instead,today i received a letter from KCC telling me that USCIS has requested the visas for me and my spouse but they won`t release them untill i pay 375$ DV fee.I know that my lawyer sent out my check together with my AOS package and now they ask me again for the fee.I`m expecting a call from my lawyer today to tell me of the situation.I am just very frustrated that my case is getting delayed now.
Can I do something?should i go to the local office or let the lawyer handle it?All he can do is to send out a letter and all this correspondence is affecting my case since time is crucial.

Thank you all.

Hi adirom,

-Verify the address where lawyer send the money.

-if correct address then verify if that check/money order got cleared.

In case money send to correct address and you have proof of clearance then fax it to KCC or from the same office that you got letter that USCIS has requested visa number and then follow up with phone call to make sure if that will take care of it or got a do something else.

In other scenario if DOS has not got the the money then send a check via fedex/ups without waisting any moment.

Your lawyer might have messed up here by sending money to wrong address or by not sending at all!!!

Jugnu

Hi Jugnu,
i called my lawyer and he said that this fee is for the KCC.The first fee was for filing the i-485 and this one is for the Dept of State to release my visa numbers.
I was very surprised that my lawyer didn`t know about this.is this the procedure or there is some mistake here?

yes, this is the procedure. $375 for the Dept of State and $325+70 for USCIS. you have this information in your notification letter from KCC.

thanks Ruxy.i am mad at myself and the lawyer for not taking this into consideration and now my case is going to be delayed.i will send my money tommorow(Friday) so it should be there by Monday.Does anybody have any idea how long might take for DOS to cash the checks and to release my visas.If i have to wait another few weeks just to get my interview letter i think i`ll loose my mind.The stress is killing me.:(

The letter i received from DOS is instructing me to send the money orders to Pittsburgh,PA.How long do you guys think will take for them to cash my checks and to release my visas?Will they release my visas as soon as they get the checks,or as soon as they cash them or when my turn comes again for review?

FP Notice Received~

Thanks rcling26.
I tried again and also registered, but my case number just couldn't be retrieved... I just made an infopass for that (am I a bit too serious :))

Anyway, fortunately, the second noticed for FP arrived pretty fast. However, I tried to do it by walk in this morning, but the register stopped me...
Seems I have to wait till the appointment date (8/7/2007)

Any progress to you guys' cases?
adirom28, you should have your KCC DOS fee receipt on hand for your interview (that's what the instruction from KCC said). For my case, I sent a money order to them, and got the receipt back in about 1 - 2 week (maybe I live too far from them, I live in the west coast).

Good luck to every one~