• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Ch,
Could you please tell,
When did you send your I-485 and when did you get NOA?
Thank you very much,

Hi,
i did my biometrics on June 15th and now i`m waiting for my interview letter.What can i do to find out that my case processing is working good and i`ll be receiving an interview appoiment soon?Since there is only 2,5 months left to the deadline i don`t wait to wait arround too much and then find out there are some problems and i might loose the visa.

3/24/07-DV2007 winner notification
Number became current in May
5/12/07-sent package to Chicago Lockbox
5/14/07-package received
6/05/07-NOA received
6/14/07-Biometrics notice received
6/15/07-Biometrics taken-walk in

Thanks Jugnu for the suggestions.

Galka: My number became current in June. I sent the package on 5/31/07. I got NOA for I-485 a week later. I got another NOA for FP in mid June and NOA for interview on 7/6/07.

Hi adirom,

Only way to find that out is to make an info pass.Your interview letter must be coming pretty soon!!Your checks must be done by now assuming no issues what so ever with them.

Jugnu

Hi guys,

Yesterday, I got a phone call from CIS director Memphis and she assured me they will process my case before the deadline and she is going to ask FBI to expedite my name check.It was a big sense of relief for me and I am hoping this journey might end soon!!!

Jugnu

Hi everyone!
Could you please help me with any advice?
My AOS was delivered 20 days ago (according to USPS) and check was not cashed so far. Is there any possibility to know that package was really delivered? What if package was lost?
Any day is important now. Can I send another package?

Hi Galka,

I can feel that frustration as I waited for almost the same.My checks were cashed after 18 days and USPS did not either show if it was delivered on 09/30/06(their system got updated after me pushing everyday).

Did you use personal checks? if yes then keep watching ur bank account.

I know everyday is crucial but you have to wait few more days and my guess is in next week you should get it.

If you submit again this delay can happen to second case as well.I cant think of other consiquencies but USCIS will get money twice from you and reject one case at later stage when they will determine two cases filed on one eligibility.At this stage 1 800 will not initiate an inquiry before 30 days either.

I know this wait is killing but hopefully you will receive it soon.

Jugnu

Thank you, Jugnu.
I feel like only people on that forum understand me. All my friends are like "do not worry, everything will be fine".
I'm still thinking about another package. Do you think there is possibility they will reject both cases because it was filed twice? The major problem is that in the middle of June when I send package, I was J1, but starting Monday I’ ll be H4.
Actually, that is adjustment from another status.
If I send by FedEX, I have to use another address, right?

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: FBASI
427 S. LaSalle - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60605-1098

instead of PO Box?

Hi Galka,

Address is right and yes got to use street address as private courier don't deliver at PO Box.

Again, my suggestion to wait couple of days, make case ready but not submit as yet.Last year one guys case were approved in abt.14 days started and finished in September 06.

Jugnu

Jugnu,
Thank you very much!
That information is really inspiring.
The problem is that I wrote in I-485 that my current status is J1 and it is expired on July 17. What if they decide that I'm simply not eligible?
And without case number I can’t add information that I’ll be H4 starting July 18.
There is telephone number for Nebraska and Vermont service center, but I cannot find Chicago.

Hi Galka,

Most cases are post marked when they are received in mail room.Your case must be post marked for eligibility reasons.USCIS will look at your status at the time they got your application so you will be fine 90% chance.Now take scenario 2 if they no post mark and file being opened after july 17 then they won't just reject the case,in that case a supervisor look at the case and they will determine if you have anything pending with USCIS that make you eligible for extension/change of status etc.

Did you include your H4 receipt notice with your case? if yes then convert that 90% to 100% that you will be fine.

Chicago office is just a upfront mail room that works as a front office for NBC/MSC Lee's Summit, MO.Folks working there belongs to First Morgan Chase Bank and they are not USCIS employees, however , they are trained to check basic eligibility of the application and process the payments.Bad news I was in your shoes and no way to contact them neither they have system or capacity to deal any situation beyond their scope.

Hey don't worry as much however I did the same in last october!!!

FYI: If you have not included the receipt notice with your case then you can always mail your H4 approval notice to MSC with receipt notice of your current(expected) I-485.You don't have to do this this just like adding some extra whiped cream....

Hope this helps!!!

Jugnu

Thank you, Jugnu,
That was very helpful.
It means, that Chicago just cash checks and send everything to local office. And that is where it starts.

Hi Galka,

Pretty much, you will get a receipt notice and FP notice from MSC/NBC that is National Benefit Center or Missouri Service center out of Lee's Summit Missouri.Local office will send you the Interview letter only!!1

Jugnu

It means, that Chicago just cash checks and send everything to local office. And that is where it starts.[/QUOTE]

Finally Good News

Thanks everybody of the forum for their help. Finally I have received notification (Welcoming letter) regarding my case update.
Principal Applicant: Wife, Case Number: AS33xx, Became available in December 2006,
Submitted AOS Packages on December 18th.
Received NOA for application January 3rd.
Finger Print Notice for January 18th, FP and Biometrics done,
Received Second FP notice for January17th, done FP on February 7th again in another ASC.
Received Interview letter for March 16th, Interview done, wife got approval instantly (as her name check clear), My NC pending.
March 25th: Wife Received the card
July 12th: Received update regarding adjust status by email
July 16, Received Welcoming letter

Succesfull interview but no approval

Hi,

I had my interview today and it went succesfull, but the officer did not approve my case, though the background check was okay. She did not tell me the reason, just that she will come within 2 months. Does anyone know what is going on? The officer did have someone next to her in the interview, where she teaches the persons how to do it.

R.

Hi,

My case number (2007AS77XX) which became current in July, and my AOS arrived Chicago on June 29th, 2007. I thought I would get the NOA pretty soon, but almost 3 weeks past and I am still waiting for it.
How long does it usually take to get the NOA?
and how long is this whole process take??? (I mean from sending the AOS package to get GC)

Hi rcling,

Only way to determine is to read all of your case history.I wish you had asked officer what is the hurdle.It can be anything that needs to checked or taken another opinion from a supervisor.

Another way to find out now is to make an infopass and ask them what's happening there might be something that you can correct/justify by updating them.

Please read Ekmekichi's post in this thread.

Keep us posted and good luck!!!

Jugnu