• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

thanks to all for your replies.i`ll give it a few more days,see what`s happening.hopefully,everything will be allright

visa is changing between applying and interview

I need an advice, please!
I have late number coming in July. My current visa J1 is expiring July 17, after that I’ll be H4. If I write in AOS that my current visa is J1, but at time of interview it’ll be H4 or even worse: will be waiting for H4. That will be definitely confusing. May be I have to go H4 now and then everything will be easier? But I’m not sure if I can change J1 on H4 before J1 expired.

Mistake in not contacting KCC?

Hi all,

I'm a DV2007 candidate and I'm planning on AOS.

I just discovered this forum...so thank you all to the incredibly useful information.

I was told when I first got my DV notification that because I'm planning AOS that I don't need to contact and mail anything to KCC as part of this process. I'm a little bit worried because I notice a lot of AOS people list that they did contact KCC.

I have however already received my stamped DV receipt ($375). My number is now up and I want to apply for my AOS. Is it an issue I have not yet contacted KCC?

Best regards,
Will

Hi Will,

You will be fine.It is not necessary to submit DSP 122 to KCC,fee was the main thing that you already paid.

All the best with the process!!!

Jugnu

Hi Galka,

Your current status is J1.You must use your valid status at the time of submitting applicationthat and in your case that is J1.Lets say your AOS is under process and you are changed to H4 then you will using H4 for anyother application with USCIS from that point onward.

Jugnu

Thank you, Jugnu!
Do you think I have to file another I-485 when my status will change?
Or it will be just adding new papers?
Second question for people who applied and get permition to travel and permition for work, Do it have experation on September 30?
What do you think: Is there any sense to file them if my numbers are for July? Or it will be wasting money?

Galka,

If I were you I would send the I485 today (it looks like you haven't sent it yet). See my time line, I was very similar to you last year.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Galka,

No you don't have to file another I-485 what so ever....

When 485 is pending it is good to have another non immigrant status but not necessarily needed.

FYI: When you will go for interview they will take your new I-94 based on H4,assuming case is approved.

Jugnu

Dear Jugnu,
Thank you so much for answering visa question!!!

And 2006 07,
Thank you too!!!! It is so inspiring, because honestly, I did not give much chances to my number.

This forum is a relief. I went three times to my local USCIS office, because second letter from KC told "YOU MUST submit letter in your local office" and, as you understand, they do not do any submitting...

Applying for my DV2007 AOS - any special DV material to include?

This is a quick follow up to my earlier email on not contacting KCC as part of my AOS. I think I'm probably ok there (thanks for that advice).

Given that I am about to submit my AOS, do I need to include any of the DSP-122 forms, etc. so they know the AOS is for DV reasons?

I put on my AOS form under Part 2 h) "Other basis of eligibility"
"2007 Diversity Visa Program" and my 2007ASxxx number. Is that good enough?

Outside of all the other supporting docs listed on the AOS form, is there any else specific to the DV I need to submit? I don't even need to include my Diversity Fee receipt right? Because that is just required at time of interview?

Thanks all,
Will

Given that I am about to submit my AOS, do I need to include any of the DSP-122 forms, etc. so they know the AOS is for DV reasons?

No

Please see page 3 on this thread.I have listed all documents that I have submitted.

I put on my AOS form under Part 2 h) "Other basis of eligibility"
"2007 Diversity Visa Program" and my 2007ASxxx number. Is that good enough?

This will be enough.

Outside of all the other supporting docs listed on the AOS form, is there any else specific to the DV I need to submit? I don't even need to include my Diversity Fee receipt right? Because that is just required at time of interview?

Please include copy and origional for interview.
Thanks all,
Will[/QUOTE]

Hi guys,

Got a letter from CIS Ombudsman,to expect a response from USCIS in 45 days as they iniated an inquiry on my behalf.I wrote to CIS Ombudsman Office in mid May.

Jugnu

I have finally received my NOA from USCIS. Now, in the receipt, says that my case is at the National Benefits Center.I tried to check online the processing dates at this center,but there are not even processing I-485`s.Do they send the case from there to my local office or it will stay here?
If somebody can let me know if their case is being processed at the same location or a different location,i would appreciate it.
Is this the normal course of action?

Hi adriom,

You dont have to worry abt. processing dates just check timelines for people like you in same boat.Generally speaking they will move case to local office sometime after FP's and if you like you can monitor your local office 485 processing.USCIS process these cases differently and they will be well ahead of processing time they show online for I-485.

I hope you are aware on online account,plz make one you don't have and then monitor processing your case online.You will be getting FP's notice in few days....all the best.

Jugnu

hi Jugnu,
about that CIS Ombudsman, i've just looked at their web site. i'm thinking about writing to them. the only problem about my case is the waiting. do you think i should write them about that? or just wait for uscis decision.?

thansks

EKMEKCHI, I see that your CN is close to mine, but I'm a DV2008 winner. What happend with your case after the interview? It was successful?
Thanks,

Ekmekchi,

There is absolutly no harm in writing to CIS Ombudsman.Our cases are time critical and we should try to stay on top or atleast dont let USCIS dump them.Please write them and include all details and efforts that you did to reslove it.

Jugnu

thanks so much jugnu, for informing us about this CIS Ombudsman. i didn't know there was a word like "ombudsman" till i've read here :D
actually i'm filling out the form on their web site and gonna mail it this weekend. i've written an email to my state's congressman. i've heard he's fast on replying issues. i hope we can get something good out of these.
for ruxy;
as you've seen on my timeline, i'm still waiting for a decision from the uscis. our name checks have been cleared and there're no problems any more but they haven't made any decisoins on our case. so i'm trying to get help from senators, congressmen and cis ombudsman. i'm just waiting for an answer from uscis.
i'll let you know about any news. thanks everyone.

HI AGAIN,
JUGNU, SORRY TO BOTHER YOU AGAIN, BUT I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE CIS OMBUDSMAN HELP FORM.
ON QUESTION 11 (SOURCE OF CASE PROBLEM): WHICH ONE DID YOU CHOOSE? THERE ARE 2 ANSWERS I CAN'T DECIDE ON.
B.I am experiencing processing delays with a case that are beyond anticipated processing times;
OR
D. I have brought this case problem to the attention of USCIS and have not received a response or resolution within the anticipated time frames;

Ekmekchi,

I just send a letter explaining my situation and hardship that can be caused due to delay.

Given your questions both kind of fit on your situation.

Jugnu