• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

fingerprints

Hi spicy,

Thank you for the info. I have called the number that you provided me with and the operator told me that my finger prints were completed and returned to immigration. But she did not say that they were cleared. Is that normal? thank you

When do i recieve the welcome letter and the green card

Hello everyone,
I just have a quick question. When do people normally get their welcome letter and their green card after approval of the case?

Spiicy,

I got both my Welcome Letter and GC updates online within one week, the actual docs a few days later.

Barbara

Hi blessed123,

I guess your waiting time is still in a very acceptable range.Eventhough different local offices work little bit different than the others I would say to give 2 months after your FP's.In my particular experience I took an info pass after 1 month and was told my checks are pending and still we got our interview letter after abt 10 days due to the fact that primary beneficiary background checks were clear.

Give 15-20 days and if nothing shows up then do an infopass.

Jugnu

t saw this -- thank!

Spiicy,

I got both my Welcome Letter and GC updates online within one week, the actual docs a few days later.

Barbara

Hi Barbara,
Thanks for your reply. We got approved more than two weeks ago and there's still no changes in the LUD and we've not received any letter yet, that is why i asked the approximate time people receive their welcome letters after approval.

Hi Spiicy,

Wow, that is strange that you have not received anything yet. If you have been approved it should not take more than 20 days (going by other's experiences)
Did they at least stamp your passport at the time of your interview?
(Some offices still do that).

I don't know if you have already done so but what I would do is:

a) I would call the 1-800-375-5283 immediately
b) I would make an Infopass asap and ask them what's happened and, if you don't already have it, I would ask for a STAMP in my passport.

Let us know.

Barbara

Hi Spiicy,

Wow, that is strange that you have not received anything yet. If you have been approved it should not take more than 20 days (going by other's experiences)
Did they at least stamp your passport at the time of your interview?
(Some offices still do that).

I don't know if you have already done so but what I would do is:

a) I would call the 1-800-375-5283 immediately
b) I would make an Infopass asap and ask them what's happened and, if you don't already have it, I would ask for a STAMP in my passport.

Let us know.
Barbara

Hi Barbara,
It's only been two weeks since our case got approved. The officer told us that we will get our letter in two weeks time after the interview. We did not have any delays in our background and name checks. We are planning to go and have an infopass on tuesday. I am still waiting though.

Hi. I had my interview last Friday (2nd). My interview was actually done at my local Application Support Center (instead of local district office which is about 4 hrs away). My very small local ASC office has only one officer who conducts interviews. Needless to say he didn't know anything about DV interviews, he actually admitted he's never interviewed anyone for DV. He started asking me about Affidavit of Supports, and I told him that Affidavit of support is not required for diversity visas (I'm actually on H-1B and I had all the papers to prove my financials). I think he got more confused, and then he decided to phone someone at the district office to be explained what he should be asking :eek: I think he was like at least 5 minutes on the phone. After he hang up, he just said that my case and interview is very easy. He just asked what my job was, and asked to see my NL and he made a copy of it (there was actually one in his file already, but I didn't want to contradict him anymore). He then said that's it, and I will be receiving a letter from my local district office in the mail. :( I did ask him if he doesn't need to stamp my passport, but he said that my H-1B is still valid, so I don't need stamp :eek: :mad: Now I'm just waiting :(
Henry

Hi All.
Today Was A Hectic Day :d
We Went To Our Interview. It Was At 8:00 Am And We Left Home At 5:30 Thinking There Will Be Traffic On The Way To New Orleans. It's A 1.5 Hour Road Normally. We Went With Our 10 Months Old Son.
We Arrived Before The Doors Open. We Waited In The Waiting Room For About 45 Minutes Or So. Mine And My Husband's Interviews Were 30 Minutes Apart But They Called For Both Of Us.
Our Officer Was A Lady. She Was Kind But Very Serious And Professional-like. The Interview Lasted For About 10 Minutes. She Had Us Sworn And Got Right To Questions. It Was More Like A Question-answer Dialog More Than A Conversation.
She Asked Me (i'm The Principal Winner) My Name, Address, Parents Name, Etc. She Was Checking The Answers On The Forms. She Asked The Questions Like If I Ever Did Anything Illegal And Stuff.
The Out Of Form Questions She Asked Me Were, "did You Get Any Help From The Government Like Welfare, Food Stamps, Etc."
I Told Her That I've Received Medicare. She Said "because Of Pregnancy I Think" And I Told Her "yes, And I've Received Wic" She Said "alright".
She Asked Me If I've Applied Any Schools, I Said "no"
We Gave Her The I-134 Affidavit Of Support Forms For Both Of Us (1 For Me And 1 For My Husband, Separately). We Couldn't Have Sent Them With Our Aos Package Because We Couldn't Get Them In Time.
Then She Questioned My Husband And Checked His Answers On The Forms. My Husband Is A Master Graduate And Was On His Opt During The Last Year. She Asked Him "what Have You Been Doing With Your Opt?" He Said That He Were Looking For Jobs But Couldn't Find Any Because Of The Opt Visa Status. Employers Want People Who Are Us Citizens Or Have Green Cards. They Don't Want Any One With A Short Visa. He Told Her That He Had Several Interviews And Job Offers But Couldn't Get Any Of Them Because Of This Visa Status.
We Showed Her Our Job Offers From Several Companies That Were Sent Via Email. She Wanted To Keep Them.
She Asked "how Have You Been Supporting Yourself Since You Didn't Have A Job?" We Told Her That We Brought Some Money With Us And Our Families Are Supporting Us Also. She Didn't Ask Any Proof Of Supporting Or Money Travel.
She Asked If We Have Tax Returns For 2006, We Told Her Since We Didn't Have A Job, We Didn't Have Any Tax Returns For 2006 But We Showed Her The Tax Returns For 2003, 2004 And 2005.

Finally, She Told Us That She Need To Talk With Her Supervisor And We Will Receive The Decision About Our Case Before September.
She Didn't Say We're Approved Or Not. She Didn't Tell If Our Name Checks Have Been Cleared. She Wasn't Negative Or Cold.
We Were Waiting For An Approved New, So We Were A Little Tense After We Leave The Office.
I've Prepared 2 Separate Folders Full Of Originals And Copies With Extra Copies In Case The Officer Would Ask. The Folders Were Huge And Heavy From All Those Paperwork. I Hope They Showed How Well Prepared We Were.

I'm Nervous Now And Waiting Is Like Hell. I Was Hoping To Get Our Case Approved At The Interview And Come Home Relaxed And Happy. My Online Case Status Hasn't Been Changed Since The Day We've Sent Our Aos Package So That Doesn't Help Any Bit.
I Hope We Can Get The Green Card In A Week Or Two. There's Nothing Wrong Or Missing With Our Case According To Us. Everything Is Appropriate. I Hope We Get An Answer Soon.
I Apologize If I've Written So Long. I'm Really Nervous But Wanted To Let You Know About My Interview.
If You Have Any Idea Or Suggestion For Me Please Let Me Know. Thanks So Much For All Of You.

Hi Ekmekchi,

Thanks for the experience!!!Please let me know the following

What is your visa status?
your husband visa status?

Thank you
Jugnu

Dear Ekmekchi,

Thank you for taking the time to write your experience in detail, it'll be useful to many.

I know exactly how you felt when you left the office after your interview. The same thing happed to us and we were so disappointed!!! We were told we would know within 90 days and we waited. I think we waited two months before making enquiries but if I could do it all over again I wouldn't wait that long.

I am sure your case will be resolved quickly. But if you don't hear from them at least try to find out the REASON for the delay.

But for now try to relax. You don't need to do anything yet, and maybe never, and you'll get your GCs very soon.

Keep us posted.

Barbara

How do I know my case status?

Hi, everyone.

I am the winner of DV-2007. On 20 Feb, 2007, I have already done the fingerprints in Buffalo, NY. Actually, I am now waiting for the interview notice. After doing the fingerprint, I logged in the case status service online to check my case status. However, I didn't see any updated until now. Therefore, I would like to ask how I can see my case status.

Also, another thing that I want to ask is how long I will receive the interview notice after doing the fingerprints.

I am appreciate if everyone can answer my questions.

Hi hkJenn,

It can be as early as few days to couple of months.I would give 1.5 to 2 months(based of different posts) and if dont hear anything then take an infopass.In your case I would say not to worry much until early April.

Please look into this and other threads-You will get a good idea after seeing timelines.

Jugnu

Hi Ekmekchi,

Thanks for the experience!!!Please let me know the following

What is your visa status?
your husband visa status?

Thank you
Jugnu

THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYBODY FOR YOUR KIND AND SUPPORTING WISHES. I'M TRYING REALLY HARD TO RELAX. :D
I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED.

JUGNU; MY HUSBAND IS F1 WITH AN OPT EXTENSION. SO I'M A F2. BUT OUR OPT EXPIRED THIS FEBRUARY 1ST. SO I THINK NOW OUR VISA IS EXPIRED. BUT WE SENT OUR AOS PACKAGE EARLY JANUARY SO WE'RE NOT ILLEGAL HERE.

Hi EKMEKCHI,

There can be two issues abt your case that officer need to consult a supervisor.

-Your first post reads that your husband did not find work on OPT.I might be wrong but on any kind of work visa like OPT,H1B or J1 if someone is out of work that means technically out of status.I dont wanna pannic you please do more research and consult some attorney for opnion.

-Your status got expired before the interview,this is the gray area of the law that USCIS does not really enforce but one has to be in some type of non immigrant status at the time of interview as well, responsibility of status rests on applicant.

This is my opnion and I welcome others to shed some light and wish you all the best with the process.

Jugnu