• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Hi Guys
We received our appointment notice for interview scheduled on March 14th. In that notice we were asked to bring the followings-YOU MUST BRING THE OIRIGINALS AND COPIES OF THE FOLLOWINGS
1) Medical Examination Report in a Sealed Envelope-we already submitted the original, so we will take the copies of that with us
2) Affidavit of Support form I-864 (with YOUR TAX returns for the 3yrs)- --- We have submitted the I-134 (the original signed from the sponsor) with their Bank statement, job letter.
Now my question to you guys-
Do we need another original signed I-134 from the sponsor? What did you do at your interview?
Do we need to bring tax return of sponsor? (Sponsor shows a high establish bank balance as well as job letter)
3) 2 Color ADIT-Style photographs- is it same like Passport Style photograph?

Thanks.

Hi there,
It seems to me as if they are under the impression that yours is a family-based application. That is the exact same list that they often ask for those applications. Usually the sponsor is the US spouse, they will have signed the I-864 and are always asked for three years of tax returns etc. It should not apply to you at all.

When you get there make sure they understand fully you are a DV applicant. And I'm sure they will have by then looked at your file and seen the medicals and I-134. However...

1. Yes, take copies of your medicals.
2. Take a copy of the I-134 plus tax returns from the sponsor and copies of statements etc.
3. About the Affidavit, make sure you print out the USCIS page where it states:

"Other types of aliens, including parolees, students, and diversity immigrants are not sponsored using Form I-864. A different affidavit of support (USCIS Form I-134) is used for these aliens if an immigration or consular officer requires it."

It's taken from this link:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=4f719c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

4. Again the ADIT photos (3/4 profile with right ear visible) is often requested for other types of application and never, to my knowledge, for DV applicants.

My husband presented an I-134 that was never looked at. If you want to read my interview experience go to:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=229911

Good luck for you interview!

Barbara

Filed two I-485 and got approved

My husband and I finally got our case approved. We filed both the lottery and Employment Base even though our lawyer said it was not possible. We had a very smooth interview today (02/20/2007) and it took only about 3 mins for the whole interview. There was no complications, thanks to God, now i can testify to others. (Our number was current in November last year)

Hi Barbara,

After a helpless and rude response from my local houseman I am geared towards Senator's office.Infact,no matter how you explain them they will just do a status check.I am told to contact them after 30 days as for another inquiry.

-When would be the right time to start sending letters to MSC/NNCP abt.pending BG Checks?

-Did you write to OMBUDSMAN OFFICE @ghs.gov?

-What else do you suggest me to do at this point-It has been almost 4 months since USCIS initiated my BG Checks.

Also, my wife got her GC on 02/20.

Jugnu

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jugnu,

As you may remember from my experience,

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=229911

I started writing letters two months after our interview. And it was only at the end of August that we got a result, four months after our interview. The truth of the matter is that as far as they are concerned your case is not yet urgent. That does not mean they may not help expedite it, but from their (USCIS) perspective it is not urgent.

Remember that the Congressman's office or the Senator's office can only put pressure on the USCIS to request an expedite from the FBI. The offices themselves cannot directly make that request, they are not the clients. It is a matter of how your local representatives are making that request with USCIS. How much pressure they put. How much or how little they piss them off. That I'm afraid you cannot control, you need to trust they are doing their job. When you contact the Senator's office via a clear letter and signed form followed by a phone call, remember that you too need to be polite and not piss them off. The have tons of immigration "problems" to deal with. We too were asked to wait before contacting them again, that is why we involved both offices at the same time. While waiting for one response we were inquiring with the other. And at the same time with our local office too. For two solid months we wrote letters to the three offices (Sen, Congr, and USCIS local), visit our local office as much as possible. That in fact is worth doing. Sooner or later you get to speak to a supervisor simply because everyone else will be sick of you, and the right person will hear of your delay and will act.

So, persist, firmly and politely. I know very well it's annoying but it is also true that you still have time in front of you, so, don't worry too much. Act without worry.

Meanwhile, you name check may be complete as we speak.

Good luck

Barbara

Thank you Barbara!!!

-My local office is 200 miles away

-Senator and houseman they contacted congressional liaison in Memphis,local office.

-Senator office I went personally and got response via e-mail the next day.Congressional contact in Memphis told senator's office it is pending due to FBI checks and you may conatct within 30 days again.As far as response is concerned it was pretty efficient via e-mails.

Thanks again and I am trying to keep the balance between the odds.

Jugnu

Last edited by a moderator:
Affidavit of Support

Thanks Barbara
But am I supposed to submit copy (I mean not the original signed by sponser and sealed by notery) of the I-134 instead of original? I have submitted the original sigend and stamped I-134 with I-485 forms. I have copies of that. In that case do I need to collect another sets of original for interview or copies will be sufficient? Thanks

has anyone who is out of status applied for a dv visa, and did aos and succeeded? cause i heard someone who who out of status and via lawyer they got the dv visa thus the green card. also after you get the 1st package, whats the avg wait time to have the green card in the hand? thankx guys.:)

Thanks Barbara
But am I supposed to submit copy (I mean not the original signed by sponser and sealed by notery) of the I-134 instead of original? I have submitted the original sigend and stamped I-134 with I-485 forms. I have copies of that. In that case do I need to collect another sets of original for interview or copies will be sufficient? Thanks

For your interview , if the original was submitted with your I-485 then COPIES are OK.

Good luck.

Barbara

has anyone who is out of status applied for a dv visa, and did aos and succeeded? cause i heard someone who who out of status and via lawyer they got the dv visa thus the green card. also after you get the 1st package, whats the avg wait time to have the green card in the hand? thankx guys.:)

HI, AS FAR AS I KNOW, IF YOU'RE IN THE USA AND YOU'RE OUT OF STATUS, YOU CAN STILL APPLY FOR AOS. WE WERE ABOUT TO BE OUT OF STATUS AND SO I WAS WORRIED TOO. KEEP IN MIND, WHEN YOUR VISA EXPIRES YOU HAVE 2 , IN SOME CASES 3 MONTHS TO LEAVE THE USA AND IN THIS TIME YOU ARE LEGAL. I THINK YOU HAVE TO PAY A FEE, IT WAS LIKE $1000 PER PERSON IF I'M NOT WRONG, IF YOU'RE GONE OUT OF STATUS.

AND FOR YOUR SECOND QUESTION, I'VE RECEIVED THE CONGRATULATIONS LETTER IN APRIL 2006 AND MY NUMBER BECAME CURRENT IN JANUARY 2007. MY CASE NUMBER WAS 2007EU0000900*. WE'VE SENT THE AOS PACKAGE IN JANUARY 10TH 2007 AND HAD OUR FINGERPRINTS TAKEN IN FEBRUARY 13TH 2007. OUR INTERVIEW LETTER CAME BEFORE WE WENT FOR FINGERPRINTS AND IT'S ON MARCH 8TH 2007. SO FAR, WE HAVEN'T FACED ANY PROBLEMS OR DELAYS, SO IF WE CAN GET APPROVED AFTER THE INTERVIEW, IT'LL BE 11 MONTHS OR SO. IT'S HARD TO WAIT FOR THIS LONG BUT IF YOU CAN'T GO TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY AND HAVE CP, AOS IS GREAT. BY THE WAY, I LIVE IN BATON ROUGE, LA. OUR OFFICE IS NEW ORLEANS USCIS. SOME OTHER CITIES MAY BE BUSIER.

HOPE THIS HELPS, HAVE A NICE DAY EVERYONE. I'M GONNA POST A FULL VERSION OF MY DV WHEN OUR INTERVIEW ID DONE AND WE GET THE GREEN CARD HOPEFULLY.

still waiting for interview date....... how can we check other than the case status online? mine was last updated 01/24

Hi blessed123,

I guess your waiting time is still in a very acceptable range.Eventhough different local offices work little bit different than the others I would say to give 2 months after your FP's.In my particular experience I took an info pass after 1 month and was told my checks are pending and still we got our interview letter after abt 10 days due to the fact that primary beneficiary background checks were clear.

Give 15-20 days and if nothing shows up then do an infopass.

Jugnu

Hi All,
I Just Wanted To Ask You Something Just To Be Sure.
I've Had My Fingerprints Taken And Received My And My Husband's Interview Letter For March 8th. We're 30 Minutes Apart.
A Friend Told Me That Once You Got The Interview Letter That Means Your Fbi And Etc. Name Checks Are Cleared.
Is This True?
I've Heard Some Cases That People Go To Their Interviews And Their Green Card Delayed Because Of The Name Checks.
Could Somebody Please Tell Me If It's True That You Only Get Your Interview Letter After Your Name Check Clears?

Thanks So Much. And Good Luck To Everyone.

Hi All,
I Just Wanted To Ask You Something Just To Be Sure.
I've Had My Fingerprints Taken And Received My And My Husband's Interview Letter For March 8th. We're 30 Minutes Apart.
A Friend Told Me That Once You Got The Interview Letter That Means Your Fbi And Etc. Name Checks Are Cleared.
Is This True?
I've Heard Some Cases That People Go To Their Interviews And Their Green Card Delayed Because Of The Name Checks.
Could Somebody Please Tell Me If It's True That You Only Get Your Interview Letter After Your Name Check Clears?

Thanks So Much. And Good Luck To Everyone.

No, it's not true. You get your interview whether your name check is ready or not. Just get ready for your interview and good luck.

Barbara

fingerprints

Can anyone tell me a way to find ou the result of my biometrics. I would really appreciate if someone could provide me with a phone number or any additional information about fp clearance or name check clearance.
thanks in advance

to dujandrei

Hi, As I've Learned From This Forum So Far, The Only Way To Get An Information About Your Name Check Clearance Is To Have An Infopass Visit To Your Uscis Office.
It May Be Same For The Fingerprints Clearance Too.

By The Way, Thanks So Much Barbara For Your Quick Answer. I Have A Few Days Until My Interview. I Try To Stay Patient And Hope For The Best.

Can anyone tell me a way to find out the result of my biometrics. I would really appreciate if someone could provide me with a phone number or any additional information about fp clearance or name check clearance.
thanks in advance

Hi, here is the number to find out if your finger print is cleared- 3046255590 ext 3. You will be asked to give your A#, so be ready with that when calling.As EKMEKCHI said,you need to sechedule an infopass with your local office to find out the status of your name check,. Good luck.