• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Hi Vini,

Just to avoid an infopass if there is no news.Memphis is abt 200 miles from Nashville so I thought lets try this letter with not much hope for a response.You can always write them eventhough per USCIS website this is the least favorite method for inquiry.....I think is good to have something in B&W as after interview I was not given any document and neither did my online status changed.

What's is happening on your end?

Jugnu

no news, still waiting :(...
my husband will travel with advanced parole to Europe next week. Did somebody have such an experience before? What documents he should have with him? Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Vini,

It is well known document as far as US Point of Entry is concerned.I would suggest him to have receipt of your case handy when coming back to US.It is not common but I have read abt. folks been asked while travelling on AP with pending I-485.

Good Luck and no worries!!!!

Jugnu

Hi blessed123,

Yes, next step will be interview letter and that might arrive for you in a month or so after FP's.Interview timeframes vary from office to office.

Jugnu

Hi everyone,
This goes out to those who are married and have had their DV interview. I just want to know the kind of questions they asked. I will appretiate any response.

FP Notice and ..

Dear All
We had received a FP notice (in a Notice of Action Form ) on January 9th with a fixed appointment schedule to complete FP and Biometrics on January 18 , 10 am. This notice came from Missouri Service or Benifit Center. We did the FP and Biometrics according to that notice.
We had received another letter (NOT in a Notice of Action Form like the previous one) from our local USCIS (Chicago office) to complete the finger print in a different ASC . This letter did not mention any scheduled appointemnt time, it gave us a time range of 82/84 days begining on January 17th. We had received this letter on January 16th.
Do we really need to do another FP? or FP and biometrics results will go to Missouri Benifit Center first and they will forward it to local office?

We already got interview date on March 14.

--------
Case Number AS0000033XX
December 18th -I-485 Submission
January 4th- Notice of Action-Application Received-
January 9th-Notice of Action received for FP and Biometrics (from Missouri Service/Benifit Center) Scheduled on January 18th
January 15th-another Letter from local USICS (Chicago) for FP in a different ASC
January 18th- FP and Biometrics done as scheduled by MSC
January 18th-Received Interview Appointment from local USCIS Scheduled on March 14

Hi Rahim,

Given the circumstances I would take an infopass and request FP's to be taken again.This can't heart for sure and be better to have it done well before interview.

Jugnu

waiting for a reply

spiicy said:
Hi everyone,
This goes out to those who are married and have had their DV interview. I just want to know the kind of questions they asked. I will appretiate any response.

I still waiting for a reply. I really need to know. Thanks

Hi Spiicy,

Plz see my post number 138 on page 10 of the same thread.

They did not really ask anything abt. our marriage.He just asked us how we met?We had our toddler with us during the interview.

Jugnu

Jugnu786 said:
Hi All,

I sent a status check letter on 01/18 and got respone back on 01/26 from Memphis USCIS.

Result: Background checks pending

Jugnu

Hi Jugnu,

Can you please give me the format of status check letter that you send and the address. I would like to do the same. You can send it as a personal message if you don't want to put in public. Pl. remove all personal details.

Thanks

nathanss

Hi nathanss,

Hopefully you got that sample by now!!!I sent it yesterday morning as a private message.

Jugnu

About The Interview.

Hi Everyone, I Have A Question About The Interview.
We've Received Our Fingerprints And Interview Appointments Close To Each Other.
Our Fingerprint App. Is On February 13th And The Interview App Is On March 8th.
I'm The Primary. Mine Is At 8:00 Am, And My Husband's Is At 8:30 Am.
I Haven't Read About Any Separate Interviews, So I'm A Little Confused.
Are There Any One Who Had Separate Dv Aos Interviews?
Thanks.

EKMEKCHI said:
Hi Everyone, I Have A Question About The Interview.
We've Received Our Fingerprints And Interview Appointments Close To Each Other.
Our Fingerprint App. Is On February 13th And The Interview App Is On March 8th.
I'm The Primary. Mine Is At 8:00 Am, And My Husband's Is At 8:30 Am.
I Haven't Read About Any Separate Interviews, So I'm A Little Confused.
Are There Any One Who Had Separate Dv Aos Interviews?
Thanks.

Hi EKMEKCHI,

It is OK to have FP and appointments following so closely, less time to wait.

As for the separate appointments: it has happened before, nothing unusual. When your name is called both of you can just go in. This is what other people in your situation did. In my case my husband didn't even have an appointment but he came in with me anyway (I was the primary).

In case of confusion just remind them yours is a DV application.

Good luck

Barbara

Hi guys,

We went to Memphis on 02/08 and got my wife passport stamped.At first officer told us the file is sent to Central Records in Washington and file is closed.She verified there is no info abt.card production either....after our explanation she checked with interview officer and he was on lunch.We were asked to come back at 1pm when both of our dealing officers will be back in office.At 1pm she said there was some glitch and officer fixed it but she was reluctant as far as passport stamp was concerned.We insisted and finally she got passport stamped as well!!!!Online status changed on 02/09 and my case is still prnding.

Jugnu

Jugnu786 said:
Hi nathanss,

Hopefully you got that sample by now!!!I sent it yesterday morning as a private message.

Jugnu

Jugnu,

Thank you for your PM. I got it and will be sending by monday. Let me see what the officer says. During interview, he said my wife's name chack is cleared and mine (primary) pending and he will approve after mine is cleared. But I don't beleive him.

Folks who applied to Texas service center with me last year are all getting approvals now. So I hope my name check also would have been done.

Thanks for your help

nathanss

Thanks So Much Barbaralamb,
I'm Gonna Do As You Say. Since Mine Is Earlier We're Gonna See How The Officer Wanna Do.

Interview and Affidavit of Support

Hi Guys
We received our appointment notice for interview scheduled on March 14th. In that notice we were asked to bring the followings-YOU MUST BRING THE OIRIGINALS AND COPIES OF THE FOLLOWINGS
1) Medical Examination Report in a Sealed Envelope-we already submitted the original, so we will take the copies of that with us
2) Affidavit of Support form I-864 (with YOUR TAX returns for the 3yrs)- --- We have submitted the I-134 (the original signed from the sponsor) with their Bank statement, job letter.
Now my question to you guys-
Do we need another original signed I-134 from the sponsor? What did you do at your interview?
Do we need to bring tax return of sponsor? (Sponsor shows a high establish bank balance as well as job letter)
3) 2 Color ADIT-Style photographs- is it same like Passport Style photograph?

Thanks.