• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2005 Help

az1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
this is very informative forum.
My wife won a green card lottery DV 2005 based on her birth in Libya. Her parents were stationed there at that time and they moved when she was 2years old and she never went back to Libya since then. She does not have a birth certificate from Libya.
Is it a big problem when she is called for an interview ???

Any comments/advise would be highly appreciated....thanks

she needs to prove that she was born in Libya. And what kind of birth certificate does she have???? Any proof she was born there?

Birth Certificate

Thanks for your reply, LucyMo
Actually, her parents moved to Pakistan from Libya when she was 2 years old. She is a Pakistani national but does not have a Libyan birth certificate. The only proof we have is her passports (old ones and current) which state her birth place as Tripoli, Libya.

When we applied for Canadian immigration in 2001, we were required to submit photocopies of our birth certificates alongwith our immigration application. But they accepted passport copies as proof of birth instead of birth certificates. Currently, we are Canadian landed immigrants and living in Canada. i contacted the Libyan embassy in Ottawa but they regretted to provide any assistance in this regard. I am not sure if American interview officers would accept passports as valid proof of birth place instead of birth certificates.

Perhaps she need a notorized statement affirming her birth place as Libya and the passports (old ones and current) in lieu of birth certificate...........

Thanks.........