• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2005 AOS approved

mario75

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Me and my wife just had our AOS approved on 9/2/05. Passports stamped and I guess we are PR now. I'm about to travel in about a month and just wanted to know if it is ok to do so with just a stamp? Lucy Mo could please let me know? Are there any risks? Has anybody traveled on a stamp and had hard time getting back to the US? Please, let me know.
Mario

mario75 said:
Hi,
Me and my wife just had our AOS approved on 9/2/05. Passports stamped and I guess we are PR now. I'm about to travel in about a month and just wanted to know if it is ok to do so with just a stamp? Lucy Mo could please let me know? Are there any risks? Has anybody traveled on a stamp and had hard time getting back to the US? Please, let me know.
Mario

Congratulations on ur approval ! Can u share ur interview experience with us ? What local office did u file at ? I have my interview coming up next week and any pointers would be helpful

Experience with the AOS interview

Thanks LucyMo,
The interview itself was not too bad but if your case is complicated try going in with the lawyer. They ask all the questions from the I 485 application and of course all the documents. In general our interviewing officer was not very happy about giving us the GC but with the help of our lawyer we got them. One piece of advise if you can anwser questions : yes or no , do it. Don't go into lenghty explenation of why and i.e. Keep it simple and listen to what they ask. I guess that was it. After 9 months of fighting with them we got and one more thing call or write to your sentor ..that really helps and in our case it helped a lot.
Good luck Everybody!!!

mario75 said:
Thanks LucyMo,
The interview itself was not too bad but if your case is complicated try going in with the lawyer. They ask all the questions from the I 485 application and of course all the documents. In general our interviewing officer was not very happy about giving us the GC but with the help of our lawyer we got them. One piece of advise if you can anwser questions : yes or no , do it. Don't go into lenghty explenation of why and i.e. Keep it simple and listen to what they ask. I guess that was it. After 9 months of fighting with them we got and one more thing call or write to your sentor ..that really helps and in our case it helped a lot.
Good luck Everybody!!!

Thanks for the information
Where did u file from ? How come it took u 9 months - were there any complications in ur case ? Did they stamp ur passport on the same day as ur interview ?

Thanks.

AOS approved

It took us 9 months becuase we had to refile ( we had field to early) and with the help of the senator's office we had our applications processed faster.
My wife's DV # was in 18xxx from Europe. Yes, we got our stamps the same day as the interview.
Good Luck!