****** dsatish is approved *******

Status
Not open for further replies.
congratulations.
My FP is close to yours and got the second FP scheduled on 13th of this month.
hope soon will join the list of appovers.

dsatish said:
Finally my day has come :) . My I485 is approved on July’29 and I have received the approval letter on Aug'4 and got it stamped yesterday(Aug'6). I wanted to post the whole story once after the stamping and that's why i have waited till today for posting the message.
My FP2 was done on 06/23 and I have approached my congress man and Senator in July’04. I don’t know which has helped, but based on the approvals I have seen in the last 3 or 4 days, I would assume that most of the people who have done their FP2 in June, are getting approved now. My EAD3 and AP3 were applied in June’04 and both are still pending. So my FP2 seem to have triggered my approval.

It is so relieving and my spirits are fully up. It’s time to explore Full Time job positions. No more middle layers to eat my earnings.
Though there are a lot of people with longer waiting here, it was a painful 21 month waiting for me, especially so because of my decision to stick to the sponsoring consulting firm till I get my GC. I was prepared for 18 months waiting and the last 3 months were very difficult (too much GC worry). I was with the same company through out the GC process, and there was no gap in employment between the two companies. So i never had any doubts or fears about my case.
Let me express some of my views topic by topic so that it might help some people in this forum .
Using AC21
Last month, I have decided to use AC21 if I don’t get my approval by Aug’15. I am glad that I got much bigger freedom (than the one AC21 gives). In the ultimate analysis , not using AC21 was a BIG mistake by me and I wish no body does the same mistake in this forum. We have never seen any one getting his I485 rejected just because of AC21 issue. I am not a risk taker in critical issues and that’s why I have hesitated to use AC21. But I have ultimately lost at least 30K in the last one year due to my decision to continue with the small consulting firm.

Name Issue
I have a long first name (consisting of 3 words) in my passport and the computers in this country couldn’t accommodate the whole name. I have used the last word of that name as my first name because that’s how I was always called by others in India . While filling the SSN form, I have entered that last word of my name as the first name. Subsequently all my credit cards, employment records etc go with the first name “Raju”. But while issuing the Driver’s License, they have insisted that the first name should be the first word in the passport and they have issued my DL with that first name :( . My GC process has also gone with the first name on my Driver’s License. So I have two official first names : One name being mentioned in my SSN , Pay slips, Credit cards, employment etters etc and the other one being mentioned in DL, GC process etc. I am glad that they didn’t issue RFE and waste my time.

LUD
I really hate monitoring this LUD, but I know that a lot of people here does it all the time. I have monitored it daily till 10 days before approval. I got fed up with hourly monitoring and started monitoring it only once in 2 days during the last 2 weeks. After approval, I am monitoring it daily once. Before the approval, my LUD has always showed Nov’2002 as the LUD and the message was saying that they have sent me FP1. It never changed even after FP2. It changed only on the day of my approval . So it suddenly changed from 11/21/2002 to 07/29/2004. I have got 2 Emails for myself on that day. My wife got Emails to her Email ID. After the approval the LUD has changed on 7/30, 8/2 and 8/3.
I strongly suggest to every one to STOP monitoring LUD till you get approval. When you get approved, you will get Email. That’s how I came to know my approval. Don’t jeopardize your job / concentration at work for this silly LUD tension.

Those who are going through End less Wait
To all those whose I485 is pendig for more than 18 months, I suggest that you keep putting more and more pressure on INS. Send Email to Khatri. Send Fax to congress man. Send Fax to VSC. Try to do these things in 10 days interval. Though it may not work for all, I am sure that it works for many people. When you send Fax to VSC, appreciate VSC for their good work in recent days and ask them to help you. You can mention several difficulties like lack of professional growth, difficulty in getting mortgage loan etc.
Similarly those who are waiting for FP2 should send a Fax to VSC asking them that every body who has filed much later are getting approved and they are still waiting for FP2. Do everything till all the options are exhausted and then repeat the options at rgular interval. I am telling you based on experience, nothing will happen due to too may enquiries as long as you don’t do all of them in a week. Try different routes at 10 day intervals.

Speeding Tickets
I have about 4 speeding tickets in the last 5 yrs and 1 at fault accident (major) ticket. That caused no problems for GC. So fellow speedsters, don’t worry.

Thanks
First of all I thank my Lord Venkateswara / Balaji (one of those Hindu Gods) who has been my saviour at every moment of my life. His blessings are my strength and belief.
I thank Rajiv Khanna for giving us full freedom to chat what ever we want (unlike other lawyer web sites) and also taking great pains and losing money by filing Lawsuit on behalf of this community. You will rarely see such people in this world. Believe me.
This forum is a wonderful one and I am happy that every one behaves in a very matured way here. We should all restrain ourselves from making comments on others. That is very important. The only time I lost my cool was when some one pulled my leg. Ofcourse this form taught me enough patience and so does to every one else. Let’s help each other here.
I thank every one who has made good contributions here. Special thanks go to Kashmir, rajum, rk4gc,140_takes_4ever, Edison, MrCoolz, Feb6361,Frantic, TheRealCanadian, yjay, ar888, Edison_nj, umyal, isGCtheKey , Ajay92 etc. Sorry, there were so many people I know, I can’t put all the names here.

Note: I will write more (Part2) later. I will write about immigrationportal.org etc.

Thanks all,
Raju Dantuluri (dsatish)

Congratulations dsatish, I am glad it is over for you. Good Luck in job change now

Congratulations dsatish !
Great comment regarding ac-21 and specifically LUD(LUD obsessed people, read it twice)
This forum would miss your exuberance..
Good luck for your future !

-vascan

congratulations dsatish ! Repeating what so many others have said, and it is true, you have been doing a great service, please do continue it even though you are a PR now.

My sincere congratulations!

I believe you the one who deserved this more many others of us on this forum.
Best wishes to you and your family.

How come did you manage to get stamped so soon, just 2 days after approval? So, in addition to all other merits you also smart and because of this you'll have a great luck in your years ahead.

Cheers!

Dsatish,
I am still around to CONGRATULATE you! ;)

Thanks for the contribution to this forum. Everything works out for the great people in the end! :)

Congrats and best of luck. You were certainly a big help on this forum and you certainly deserved the approval.
Now hopefully you will get more time to spend on other pursuits.
Are you planning to jump ship immediately now or wait for a few months after GC approval?

Congratulations and good luck with the life after GC.

Ab paise to nai maangega na! :D

Remember that thread about "People Contribute more after getting GC".

Take it easy man, I am just kidding, trying to give you hard time. :D :D

Thanks

I thank every one who has showered nice wishes on me. When i get these good congratulatory messages, it speaks as much on the nice nature of the person as much as my contributions. You need a nice heart to appreciate others. I am sorry for making a vanishing trick after posting my approval. I just partied over the week-end (Ofcourse i began the party with a trip to Pittsburgh on Saturday for offering prayers to Lord Balaji).

whats_in_name said:
I was just thinking that your approval will come sometime soon
Hi WIN,
I wish you good Luck for a speedy approval (before Sept'30)

sgi said:
Also, did you not do an early FP2...how early was it? just wondering if CIS puts on hold if applicants go for FP2 too early
Hi SGI,
My FP2 was scheduled for July'21 and i did it on June'23 at Norfolk, VA. Actually Norfolk does not allow early FP, but
i have gone there for submitting index prints and photos for eFiled EAD. I have planned to apply for Efiling of EAD just
to get my FP2 done early and i am glad that the plan worked. Doing early FP definitely helps.

TheGCWait said:
I am gonna use your tip about monitoring LUDs...I feel addicted and hopeless later
That will definitely help. I have myself fallen a victim of LUD mania and realised how dangerous it can be. We might lose our jobs
if we are addicted too much to this web site or monitoring LUD every half an hour. About 2 weeks before my approval, i have
decided to stop visiting this web site during office hours. That helped me concentrate on my job better.

Jharkhandi said:
Frankly you are one of the most dynamic person in the core group and ofcourse in VSC 485 - hope to see you sharing wisdom and experience even after 485 approval on this portal.
I surely will not miss you all, atleast till September end, by which time i want(hope) most of the senior people here to get approved.
I appreciate your contributions in I140 forum.

Sanga said:
This forum will remember your relentless efforts. Enjoy your GC and get a good job.
I gave my FP2 early on 7/10. If I am lucky I may see some light by end of August, going by some of the post-FP2 approvals
Thanks Sanga. I sincerely wish you good luck for an approval by this month-end. Keep praying God and your prayers will
surely be answered.

Last edited by a moderator:
isGCtheKey? said:
Congratulations Raju !

I was wondering in past few days where you were and not seeing you as active in the past ! Chupa Rustom !!!!

Thank you Prash !
I am glad that our approvals came in the same month. We both experienced a similar GC journey.
Yea,i became a chupa rustam (hidden hero) for a week. BTW, are you a fan of Hrishikesh Mukherjee (director of films like Anand) ? I do .

Thanks dsatish

I needed that good luck, I am going for my scheduled FP2 tomorrow (08/10).

It was pleasure meeting with you in the NJ meeting. Good luck for your future

parvardigar said:
DSatish,
Congratulations! When you become citizen, you should run as Congressmen!!! I and many others will definately vote for you. There are few from NJ, but your energy and dedication beats all!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)
Did you replace your DL/SS. I just went to Trenton and got my DL replaced. You can go to any local office as the BIG sign mentions there. I applied for new SS when I did my stamping(10th floor, Newark Ofiice).

parvardigar,
Thanks for complementing me and offering support. It reminds me of my childhood(may be adulthood) ambitions. Don't we all dream of becoming IAS officers or prime ministers ? :cool: . Seriously, Life has been quite tough for me for the past 10+ years (never felt settled and had to struggle hard to overcome all the obstacles that came my way). I was so severly beaten by fate that all my ambitions have died down and i am now thinking only about my future. Over the passage of time, my thinking on life is undergoing change. Previously i have always thought that i have to do some big things from a position of power in order to serve the people. Now a days, i am more inclined towards another thought where by you just do your normal duties with a clean heart and spread out positive message during all your interactions. God will take care of everything else. If every one of us live with a pure heart and spread out a positive message, then that's worth thousand acts of a big leader.
I have started my career as a college professor (lecturer) and worked in that noble profession for almost 5 yrs . So i still carry some of that idealistic spark.

Regarding replacing DL and SSN, why should i replace my DL ? I still carry my VA license which is good for another 3 yrs. As for SSN, i don't think that changing it is necessary. Does it make any difference ?

OH I love the way you put it so much! and thank you so much for the positive energy and attitude you've spread around this forum!

All the best wishes, :cool:

EAD2003 said:
I guess everyone has his/her day and eventually everyone on this forum will be approved. It is only a matter of time and patience.

You are right. Every one here will eventually get their freedom one day. I know that the delays can be frustrating to many people for several reasons. To all those people i would like to suggest that, if the delay is unbearable go on plan B. Don't put your life on hold for the sake of GC. Use AC21 and join a better job. Keep reminding US CIS about the delay in adjudicating your case. Most importantly, give top most importance to improving your efficiency at your job. After all, Job is more important than GC.

Oct2002_485 said:
I hope you will continue to fight for the rights of our community whever needed!.
Keep it up, dude!
----
485 ND: 10/7/02
FP2: 6/17/04
ApproveDt: 8/3/04
:)

I am not going anywhere, though i might be little less active till i get into some permanent job. Right now VSC seem to be approving cases at a good rate and we as a community should have less to worry and more to cheer about :) . If at all, they fall back to their old ways, we can again start campaigns to put pressure on them.

StayPositive said:
OH I love the way you put it so much! and thank you so much for the positive energy and attitude you've spread around this forum!

All the best wishes, :cool:

By being good and encouraging the good things of others, we will be spreading positive energy in this world and that is the minimum service we can do to this world. By spreading positive enrgy, one will be unknowingly doing a lifetime service to mankind.

Status
Not open for further replies.