• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DS 260 Permanent Address question

Seriously? You contacted the French embassy in the US to ask if you could use the address on your DS-260 form? All you need is simply the building no and the street address, it's not like you will start out by writing "French Embassy" on the address line. You will not even be receiving any mail there for goodness sake, it's simply to have some information on that section to enable you move forward with submitting your form for goodness sake! Frankly speaking you make bloody well make up whatever address on the form. We've told you over and over again, it's not like the address is written in stone, you will be able to make changes to the address at the time of your interview!!

*oh well ..... throws up hands in frustration and walking out of the room*

It seems I walked in to a conversation "in progress". :oops:

Take it easy, sm1smom… o_O
I perfectly understand your point, but once again I don't fell so well by writing a false address on the ds-260 form, even we can change later. Because I don't know nobody abroad! I thought of a mailing post address, but you have to pay and some of you guys said its was not trusty! But maybe more trusty the, for instance:
EB (My name)
Name of person currently living at address: Mickey Mouse
Castle of Nowhere Land
Disneyland
USA ;)
You get my point?
So please understand that it is really a problem to fill in this form, and if I ask again, it is not because I'm stupid or stubborn but because I have NO address to put in!

Edouard, how about you log in to Facebook or linked in or whatever you use and post to your contacts. Has anyone got and friend or relatives in the USA. You'll get someone.

Yes, Britsimon, but I don't know those people so well in order to ask her… And the others answered me: "Oh, I'm not sure, it's not my place, you know. And I don't know how many time I shall stay, and Oh, I don' want any problems and so one…." People are sort of scary, you Know? I thought to hire a Shipito address, as one member gave as an advice here. What do you think?

Edouard, you don't need to 'trust' those people with anything... all you want is a valid address to put on your form for now. You have plenty of time to think of or arrange a proper address before you enter the US, and you can change this address at your interview or at your port of entry into the US.

I think we need to sort this out before Mom wakes up - and it is 6:15 am in California so you need to decide!

Choices...

1. Pay for a mailing address.
2. Choose a random, but real address.
3. Use a real address of a friend or friend of a friend.
4. Pay an agent (like a lawyer) to act for you and use their address.

Pick one.

Edouard, you don't need to 'trust' those people with anything... all you want is a valid address to put on your form for now. You have plenty of time to think of or arrange a proper address before you enter the US, and you can change this address at your interview or at your port of entry into the US.

We've gone through all that. :rolleyes:

Ok SusieQQQ I understand… So either I take a Shipito adress for 50 bucks a year, either I put a random address and change afterwards…
I'm surprised to be the only one to be so obstinate about this thing, all the others people on this forum seem to have no problem. I'll talk about that with my shrink o_O

Ok SusieQQQ I understand… So either I take a Shipito adress for 50 bucks a year, either I put a random address and change afterwards…
I'm surprised to be the only one to be so obstinate about this thing, all the others people on this forum seem to have no problem. I'll talk about that with my shrink o_O

Lol - yeah, that might be a good idea. :D

I think we need to sort this out before Mom wakes up - and it is 6:15 am in California so you need to decide!

Choices...

1. Pay for a mailing address.
2. Choose a random, but real address.
3. Use a real address of a friend or friend of a friend.
4. Pay an agent (like a lawyer) to act for you and use their address.

Pick one.

Simon Templar! :mad: ..... :D I told you yesterday I was handing over the baton to you, I'm done with this :p

I agree with Simon, this might not be a bad idea :p

Hello Everyone,

I got question about form DS 260. A friend filled and submitted the form then later he realized that the job zone he used to qualify was not correct, now worried since he didn't mention anything to deal with high School certificate because he knew he will qualify on work experience, he thinks KCC might review the form and notice that he is not qualifying on work experience and nowhere mention his high School certificate then don't schedule his interview. Does its make sense to request KCC to bring back the form DS260 so that he can refill or it will look unprofessional?? Thanks in advance.

Hello Everyone,

I got question about form DS 260. A friend filled and submitted the form then later he realized that the job zone he used to qualify was not correct, now worried since he didn't mention anything to deal with high School certificate because he knew he will qualify on work experience, he thinks KCC might review the form and notice that he is not qualifying on work experience and nowhere mention his high School certificate then don't schedule his interview. Does its make sense to request KCC to bring back the form DS260 so that he can refill or it will look unprofessional?? Thanks in advance.

he can change the form by asking them, may be better so that the CO doesn't wonder why the form says nothing about high school, but he will get an interview anyway - KCC do not adjudicate on who is qualified - if the forms are submitted and your number gets current they will schedule an interview.

Hello Everyone,

He should correct the form. Also, qualifying on work experience is not simple, even at the right job level. Regardless of whether he corrects the form or not his interview will not be affected.

he can change the form by asking them, may be better so that the CO doesn't wonder why the form says nothing about high school, but he will get an interview anyway - KCC do not adjudicate on who is qualified - if the forms are submitted and your number gets current they will schedule an interview.

@SusieQQQ ...thanks, will pass this information to him so that he don't continue worrying :)!

Hello Everyone,
If he want to request KCC to send back the form DS 260 for correction. How should he draft it through email so that it looks simple and professional? Please if someone don't mind, show me sample how it should look like :)

Thanks in Advance.

Hello Everyone,

Didn't he list all the educational institutions he attended?