• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DS 260 Nationality Question

ING

Hi all,

I am a winner of 2018 DV - OC5xx

I originally submitted my DS 260 in early May when the results were announced, I have since unlocked it again in mid June because I discovered that I MAY hold a certain class of British nationality (definitely not UK citizenship) and I will need to add (passport number) to DS260. I have since sent off all the relevant documents to the UK HMPO for assessment but they are taking forever and have not given me a time frame on how long it would take.

Research online shows that the process to issue a passport can easily stretch out for 9 months, and there's a good chance I may not even be eligible for the UK passport

I anticipate that my interview will be some time in December or even Jan 2018, my question is should I leave the DS260 unlocked and wait for a reply from UK HMPO or should I just submit DS 260 now without the UK nationality and request to re add it later (if they do decide to issue the passport)?

I am hoping to schedule my interview ASAP and I am at loss as to what I should do in this situation.

Thanks

You shouldn't be holding off on submitting the DS260 form based on an uncertainty. The possibility of a U.K. citizenship/nationality has little to no bearing on you DV selection.

There are options for updating the DS260 form after the initial submission such as unlocking the form prior to the interview being scheduled or when you go for the interview.