ds 160 form

DR NITI

hi i have applied for b1/B2 visa to attend a conference in usa. there is a mistake in filling DS- 160 form. i have entered my mothers new name as written in her passport. my passport has her old name as it was made earlier. i have already taken appointment for visa interview. i dont have much time left to repeat the whole process as i wont be able to attend the conference in that case. do i have any options now? please guide me.............

error on DS160 for F2 visa

I am applying for an F2 visa, but chose 'Principal Applicant' on the DS160. I have already scheduled my VISA interview, and don't have time to redo the whole process again. Would it be okay if I just mentioned this to the visa officer at the time of the interview?

I already spoke to VFS helpline about this. The lady said either I can fill in a new DS160 with the right details and take the new confirmation page to the already-scheduled appointment; OR i can just walk in to the interview and mention this to the visa officer. Somehow, I am not convinced by her way of speaking and want to get some sort of a confirmation! Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks,
K

Visa number in the DS160 form

Hi,

I have prior H1 visa stamp that is expired now. I am completing DS160 form to schedule H1 visa appointment. What does the visa number mean?? It is the control number on the visa stamp??

Any help would be very appreciated.
Thank you.

the ds-160 is a complete and utter nightmare - i literally have spent days trying to get it filled out. Session keeps timing out. you CANNOT skip information that you have already filled out and saved. You have to go throughevery single step over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again after every time out. It is a complete and utter joke. Bring back forms that you can fill out - bring back telephone lines where you can actually speak to someone!