DS-156 Questions

GCCovet

Registered Users (C)
HI,
I am in my 8th year and need to go for VISA interview in Canada in March.

My case:
I got my LC and I-140 approved and on that basis got 3 year H1 extension.

My questions:

1. What should I write in #36 "Has anyone Filled an Immigrant VISA Petition on your behalf?"

2. I have been living in USA for almost 8 years now. which address should I write in " Current Address" (That is , should I write my USA address or my India address?)

3. Question Regarding H4: My wife is on H4 and she is attending community college. For her DS-156, #33 : Do you intend to Study in the US?
What should I write there (yes or no)?

I would certainly apprecite any input on above questions.

thank you in advance.

_GCCovet

I would complete your DS-156 as follows:-
(1) Yes
(2) Current US address
(3) Yes

Triple_Citizen

Thank you for your prompt reply. The last answer, (For 'do you intend to study in the US?') my wife attends a Community college and not a regular university/school. That is, she is not on F1 (she is on H4). Do you still think I need to put 'YES' as an answer for her DS-156?

I appreciate your input very much.

Regards.

GCCovet

Reply solicited on H1-B and H4 vISA

Can me the principal alien (H1-B) and my wife (H4) can do simultaneous stamping in Calcutta at one appointment? Please reply.

Can me the principal alien (H1-B) and my wife (H4) can do simultaneous stamping in Calcutta at one appointment? Please reply.

Yes, certainly. You can take one appointment (in the appointment, mention you will have one dependent along with you for stamping). You will have to fill out seperate DS-156 forms for yourself and your wife though.

-GCCovet

// 1. What should I write in #36 "Has anyone Filled an Immigrant VISA Petition on your behalf?"

Should i write Yes for my wife's DS-156 form too.My 140 is approved and i included my wife in the i-140 application.Thanks in advance