DS-156/DS-157 Question !!! Help Please

rajganpa

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have the following questions about the DS-156 & DS-157 forms

(1) My labor is still pending (applied by my employer). what should is say for Question Number :36 in DS-156
Has anyone Ever filed an Immigrant Visa Petition on Your Behalf? If Yes, Who?

* What should I write in my application ?

* What should i write in my wife's application ?

(2) For Question 25 (Name and Telephone Number of Person IN U.S Who you will be staying with)

* What should i write in my DS-156 application ? &

* What should i write for my wife's (H4) DS-156 application ? &

(3) For Question 26. How long do you intent to stay in U.S. ?
Should i write till the validity of my current H1 (10 Months) ?

(4) For Question 34 (Name and Relationships of Persons Travelling with you) ?

(5) I have a old and a new passport, think i have to write the New Passport Number only in the DS-156 application ? (My Current Visa stamping is in my old/expired passport)

I have this question in DS-157 form
(6) Question No. 8 (Full Name and Address of the Contact Person or Organization in United States)

Do I have to write my HR/Employer Contact Information or my own personal contact info. ?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks
rajganpa

I have the following questions about the DS-156 & DS-157 forms

(1) My labor is still pending (applied by my employer). what should is say for Question Number :36 in DS-156
------ NO, because LC is not immigrant petition only I-140 is immigration petition
* What should I write in my application?

* What should I write in my wife's application?
--------- if your wife employer has not filed any I-140 for her then she should write NO as she is on H4 she has to write NO

(2) For Question 25 (Name and Telephone Number of Person IN U.S Who you will be staying with)

* What should I write in my DS-156 application ? &
-------- Write your wife name, home telephone #
* What should i write for my wife's (H4) DS-156 application? &
------ Write your name and telephone

(3) For Question 26. How long do you intent to stay in U.S. ?
Should i write till the validity of my current H1 (10 Months) ?
------ Validity of my current H1 status that expires on XYZ date
(4) For Question 34 (Name and Relationships of Persons Traveling with you) ?
------- I am in US
(5) I have a old and a new passport, think i have to write the New Passport Number only in the DS-156 application? (My Current Visa stamping is in my old/expired passport)
-------- write the new passport #and staple both the passports and send both the passports stapled and write in the cover letter that your Passport was expired and you got new Passport and past Visa stamp is in attached expired passport
I have this question in DS-157 form
(6) Question No. 8 (Full Name and Address of the Contact Person or Organization in United States)

------- You can write your wife name and address
Do I have to write my HR/Employer Contact Information or my own personal contact info. ?
------ You can do that also
I would greatly appreciate your help.

on form DS157 don’t forget to write your name in Native language with black pen 9 if your native language is Hindi, Punjabi, Telgu, tamil Gujarati you should write in that language)

Hello Raj,

I mentioned yes in the question on the DS-156 about immigration application being filled. Had no problems with the stamping. You can read my post under "Feb Stamping in Ottawa"

Hello Raj,

I also have my Labor pending in Chicago.
I wrote yes in the DS-156 application form for the
Question Number :36 in DS-156
I had asked the question to my lawyer. She had said I should say yes. and mention my company's name. Even if applying for Labor is not filling for immigration it is an essential step without which you cannot file for an employment based Green Card.
Note: While applying for an H-1 you are allowed to have the intent to immigrate.
I had no problems with the stamping.
You can read about my experience under "FEb Stamping in Ottawa"