Drunk Driving and Deportation

mamamiax said:
First, you are not supposed to drink and drive. This can kill people. You should know before you drink if you want drive. Man... drink at home and sleep. It is crazy to drive when you are drunk..

Actually, the law has no prohibitions on drinking and driving. It does prohibit driving drunk. There is a difference - thousands of Americans drink and drive every day, and no laws have been broken.

Second, how does the previous example constitute drinking and driving - but it's still a crime? Heck, there was a famous case in Canada several years back when a person started to drive home, realized he'd had too much and pulled over to sleep it off. He was charged and convicted, since he had control of the motor vehicle, despite the fact that it was turned off and he was asleep in the back seat.

Calisto12 said:
You could go for camping, have a few glasses of wine outdoors, start your car engine just to charge your cell phone, get caugth by ranger police and get DUI for sure.

If the law says even that is drunk driving, there must be a very good
reason for that.

The "open container" laws say it is illegal to have an empty beer bottle
in the car.

mamamiax said:
First, you are not supposed to drink and drive. This can kill people. You should know before you drink if you want drive. Man... drink at home and sleep. It is crazy to drive when you are drunk..

Do you understand English? In my example I have highlighted the situation: some person was charged for DUI for starting his car engine just to charge cell phone battery at capmground without going anywere. In another example the guy got DUI conviction for sleeping at back seat drunk.

Talking about how you could get a dui --
-- you dont have to be actually driving the car while you are caught, you could be just sitting behind the wheel in a parking lot
-- you dont have to ever drive a car, you could get one on a boat, Horse, bike, bicycle
-- the officer does not have to give you a breath test, people could be drunk enough to not be able to give a breath test.
-- It is just breath that needs to be above legal limit. So for some reason you read 0.08 because you were burping, or there are holes in your teeth because food/alcohol got stuck up there, you still get dui.
-- some types of medication could make you feel more drunk even with 1 drink, this could get you a dui.

Most of these cops never went to college and get paid very less. So based on your color, accent, job they are dying to give you a dui. (I am not speculating on this one, this is for real)

GreenCardVirus said:
Talking about how you could get a dui --
-- you dont have to be actually driving the car while you are caught, you could be just sitting behind the wheel in a parking lot
-- you dont have to ever drive a car, you could get one on a boat, Horse, bike, bicycle
-- the officer does not have to give you a breath test, people could be drunk enough to not be able to give a breath test.
-- It is just breath that needs to be above legal limit. So for some reason you read 0.08 because you were burping, or there are holes in your teeth because food/alcohol got stuck up there, you still get dui.
-- some types of medication could make you feel more drunk even with 1 drink, this could get you a dui.

Most of these cops never went to college and get paid very less. So based on your color, accent, job they are dying to give you a dui. (I am not speculating on this one, this is for real)

Smart people should know this in advance and prevent themself
from getting a DUI ticket from cops even cops are not smart.

And typically, if a person really just get a DUI ticket for trivial
reasons listed above, most likely, he can get the case
dismissed or at least reduced to a much lesser
offense. Deportation also check circumstances.
If one really get deported for DUI, that DUI must
be real DUI.

JoeF said:
I actually have my doubts that this is legal.
Pubs are private property, so unless the cops have a search warrant, or are invited in by the manager, I don't think they would be allowed to arrest anybody. Maybe they have laws that allow this in Texas...

I think these "sting" type operations go by different law.

If a cop stops you and gives you a DUI, he needs to show a probable reason to stop. But they dont need one if they block the road and check every vehicle's driver for smell of alcohol (what do they actually call such an operation?).