Driver License after GC

mikew151

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I don't know if any of you experienced this before but any inputs would be great. Before I have my driver License from OH, with the label "Non-Renewable and Non-transferable"

Now I got my GC and moved to GA. I tried to get GA's Driver License and when they saw that, they said I cannot get my GA DL because it says that. They said I have to call DMV in OH to get 'Letter of Cancellation'. Then, I called OH DMV, they said there is no such thing... I think the lady in GA DMV just made stuff up.

Now I'm stuck and cannot get GA DL. Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks

I lived in Atlanta for several years and when moved there also had problem to get GA DL instead of my license from OK. People in DMV were so stupid that it was impossible to talk to them. Then, I went to another DMV and got GA license in 20 min without any questions.
Try other offices.

dima66a,
quick question, when you went to the other DMV, did u use your OK DL to transfer or you had to do all the test again? Which office did u go to? I went to the one in Roswell

Thanks

mikew151

The office on Roswell road is exactly where I got in trouble.

The other one, where everything was easy, was inside Kroger store, somewhere just north of 285 and a little west of Roswell (I lived near Dunwoody and looked in the phone book for next nearest). Sorry that I don't remember the exact place. I told them that I moved from Oklahoma to Georgia and asked to exchange my OK DL to GA one.