• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Doubts regarding DV2016 results.

This was discovered by Bassem123
Just tried it myself too. It clearly says 2016. You can actually try it yourself. Just put 2016 and some random region and number. Could something be mixed? And where are those 12000 winners? Everyone is getting the not won web. Probbaby it redirects it even tho they won or many it says session timeout because it fails to load win screen or something is mixed?

Attachments

• x6evi9.jpg
    x6evi9.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 54
enough with the false hopes contact Kentucky counselor center and they replied with :

We appreciate your concern but we are not experiencing any technical difficulties. Several thousand individuals have already confirmed their selection for DV-2016 through the Entrant Status Check (ESC). As with any lottery, only a very small percentage of entries were selected for further processing. For DV-2016, we received over 11 million entries seeking one of 50,000 diversity visas available every program year. You must check your Diversity Visa entry status on the ESC site at dvlottery.state.gov and see a selection notice addressed to you by name as proof of selection to process further in the DV program. If you logged into the ESC and saw a notice stating that you were not selected, you have not been selected for further processing in this year’s DV lottery.

You'v got mail.

OK - I can explain that. It is bad programming on their part.

They introduced the DS260 for DV in DV2015. So - up until now the only users of the DS260 should be DV2015 selectees. So if you are a useless, lazy, not logical programmer, you write a check that says if the number entered is not 2015XXXXXXX then it is probably a DV2014 numpty trying to get in because for a small time there was that overlap).

Honestly. if one of my team programmed that, I would take him out the back and beat him to death with a wet fish.

They introduced the DS260 for DV in DV2015. So - up until now the only users of the DS260 should be DV2015 selectees. So if you are a useless, lazy, not logical programmer, you write a check that says if the number entered is not 2015XXXXXXX then it is probably a DV2014 numpty trying to get in because for a small time there was that overlap).

Honestly. if one of my team programmed that, I would take him out the back and beat him to death with a wet fish.
Hi Simon, there are so many instances now read under this forum which points out relatively for a technical issue and some how KCC is denying all of them....I assume they must be working on them at the back-end but pretending as if everything is ok.....what do you expect when these issues would be solved knowing your experience in DV processes? IS there any chance for NON SELECTED ones to get selected as I believe the correct selected file is not been referred when the query is generated from the dv.lottery site.....

So as one of the people constantly getting the 'session timed out' message I'm really not sure what my next move is. Is there someone I should be getting in touch with to let know I'm having this issue? I mean I've had a look at the US Consular Affairs page on Facebook but they are pretty much saying there is no error and to keep checking. Honestly I'm new to the whole process and not sure what the best course of action is.

Is there even anything to do at this point or just a game of wait and see?

So as one of the people constantly getting the 'session timed out' message I'm really not sure what my next move is. Is there someone I should be getting in touch with to let know I'm having this issue? I mean I've had a look at the US Consular Affairs page on Facebook but they are pretty much saying there is no error and to keep checking. Honestly I'm new to the whole process and not sure what the best course of action is.

Is there even anything to do at this point or just a game of wait and see?

JUst wait and see. And enjoy that session timed out message as that is soooo much better than not selected.

Hi Simon, there are so many instances now read under this forum which points out relatively for a technical issue and some how KCC is denying all of them....I assume they must be working on them at the back-end but pretending as if everything is ok.....what do you expect when these issues would be solved knowing your experience in DV processes? IS there any chance for NON SELECTED ones to get selected as I believe the correct selected file is not been referred when the query is generated from the dv.lottery site.....

Not selected means not selected in my opinion. THis is not a repeat of last year where some not selected where actually selectees.

KCC don't know diddly. They cannot check you unless you give them your case number. You can't give them a case number if you can't see it on their STOOOPID system.

Has anyone got a DV2015 Confirmation number, please check it in the latest webpage (dvlottery.state.gov). Is the result shown is the actual result or some issue now??

I would like to hear experiences from people who applied for dv-2012,did they also get season timed out messages? I heard they announced new draw only 15 days after first one?

if the programer is one of my team, He would really suffer. but, think of it apart from what is going on, What is more likely to happened as a mistake, stating a wrong info or referring to DV2014?!

I would like to hear experiences from people who applied for dv-2012,did they also get season timed out messages? I heard they announced new draw only 15 days after first one?
That was quite different; it had to do with the way the winners were selected, not the way the results were presented (or not-like the way it is now). I believe the winners were from those who applied in the first two days of the registration period. By the time they realized the mistake, 20,000 or so people were notified as selected, none of whom were happy about the redraw. The results from the redraw were announced mid-summer. There was a lawsuit which was not successful. But it is my belief that, they reserved some slots in DV2013 in case the lawsuit was successful and that was the reason for the message urging people to recheck on Oct 2012 by which time they would knew how to use those slots (again this is my belief-not necessarily a fact).

This is nothing like 2012. In that year the selectees were all from entries that were made in the first two or three days. So - everything seemed normal - but it was because there was some "test/development" code left in the final LIVE version of the code.

Once they realized the issue. The draw was cancelled because the draw itself was the issue - it was not random among all entries.

Nothing like this year.

That was quite different; it had to do with the way the winners were selected, not the way the results were presented (or not-like the way it is now). I believe the winners were from those who applied in the first two days of the registration period. By the time they realized the mistake, 20,000 or so people were notified as selected, none of whom were happy about the redraw. The results from the redraw were announced mid-summer. There was a lawsuit which was not successful. But it is my belief that, they reserved some slots in DV2013 in case the lawsuit was successful and that was the reason for the message urging people to recheck on Oct 2012 by which time they would knew how to use those slots (again this is my belief-not necessarily a fact).

Previous years had the redraw also.

By now, and as I think, if you got the "Has not been selected", live with, this is your result. don't dream of a redraw.

and Let's wait and see.

Something that I would like to share with you,
As most of you know that by now, the winner of DV2016 shall be filling their DS260, unless the regular routine is changed, but up until now I don't know of any changes.
So the winner shall be filling their DS260 , what happened when I tried to use a random number winner number with a random DOB?
this is what happened
x6evi9.jpg

What does this mean?
This mean that the system sees that the case numbers of DV2016 as the case numbers of DV2014. that means the data base is not prepared and/or got a glitch that mixes DV2014 with DV2016.

Does this has anything to do with the rumors?
I have no idea.

Note: the case number and DOB are not correct, the system should state to me that the info is wrong.

Last year, I seem to recall that a similar message came up between when the results were announced, and when DV entrants could start submitting DS forms, which was about 3 weeks later. So all this "means" is that DSs are not open for submission for DV winners yet.

Last year I was selected (High CN). In first few hours I was getting "Has Not Been Selected" message, I've checked that hundred times, and day after there was a message that I have been randomly selected. This year is different, I really believe that all those peoples with "Session Timed Out" message are actually selected.

They are having a huge issues with that database.

Hahahhaha i like the wet fish part hhhah