DORA Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment

mao75 said:
Hello Again,

A quick question for Pianoplayer..... after your FP, did you received any LUD notice telling you that the processing of the case has begun and they will updated it when it’s complete???

What happen after FP?? just keep waiting until the Welcome Letter?? or its any step or Letter before that?? by the way, how long they took to approve your case after FP???

Many thanks

Hi:

I received absolutely NO LUD after FP ---- the next thing I got was a welcome letter after the FP. The LUD system is very unreliable, so do not concern yourself over LUDs. Best wishes.

pianoplayer said:
Hi:

I received absolutely NO LUD after FP ---- the next thing I got was a welcome letter after the FP. The LUD system is very unreliable, so do not concern yourself over LUDs. Best wishes.

Hello again, a question, its any way to find out if the FBI got the fingerprints?? I have read that you can even request a response from them about your check, it will help in any way???

Im in day 75, and the wait is killing me... I just hoping not to receive the 70th day letter,

pianoplayer said:
Hi:

Well, guess what, I received the 70th Day letter, fortunelly I applied for my EAD the same day of my Interview, I checked with FBI too, and they said they received the FP and returned to CIS that day, I hope CIS won't take long for approval.

I know some people receives the 70th day letter and still get approved on 90 days, I just hope to have the same fate.

Somebody knows if the 90 days for Interim EAD applies on the day you aplied (RD) or in the day they received (ND)????

Do I have to apply for Interim EAD on Dallas Office?? or can it be on any other location???

Thanks

mao75 said:
Well, guess what, I received the 70th Day letter, fortunelly I applied for my EAD the same day of my Interview, I checked with FBI too, and they said they received the FP and returned to CIS that day, I hope CIS won't take long for approval.

I know some people receives the 70th day letter and still get approved on 90 days, I just hope to have the same fate.

Somebody knows if the 90 days for Interim EAD applies on the day you aplied (RD) or in the day they received (ND)????

Do I have to apply for Interim EAD on Dallas Office?? or can it be on any other location???

Thanks

Hi:

Sorry about the letter, but yes indeed, some do still get approved soon after the 70th day letter.

Your FP are likely cleared --- it is more likely the name check that is still in progress. Interim EADs are no longer issued by the district office --- since you applied at the interview, you should receive it fairly soon though.

As for the time of approval, by law it is the RD that is used for calculation. However, according to current USCIS interpretation, the clock does not start ticking until biometrics are taken. Note that this is NOT what the law requires. Go figure.

pianoplayer said:
Hi:

Sorry about the letter, but yes indeed, some do still get approved soon after the 70th day letter.

Your FP are likely cleared --- it is more likely the name check that is still in progress. Interim EADs are no longer issued by the district office --- since you applied at the interview, you should receive it fairly soon though.

As for the time of approval, by law it is the RD that is used for calculation. However, according to current USCIS interpretation, the clock does not start ticking until biometrics are taken. Note that this is NOT what the law requires. Go figure.

Ok, I received an LUD saying that my EAD Card was order, so I wont need the Interim EAD, but Im not clear about what you said about the FP, when I called the FBI they told me they received the FP on the same date I made it, and they returned on the same day to CIS, they even told me that they were done with my case. I dont think I'm still in name check.

Don't you think??

mao75 said:
Ok, I received an LUD saying that my EAD Card was order, so I wont need the Interim EAD, but Im not clear about what you said about the FP, when I called the FBI they told me they received the FP on the same date I made it, and they returned on the same day to CIS, they even told me that they were done with my case. I dont think I'm still in name check.

Don't you think??

Hi:

The FPs are an entirely different FBI inquiry than the name check. Many people's FPs are cleared the same day or within a day or two. The FBI does not release the results of the name check to you, nor do they say what the status on the processing of the name check is. The number you called is for FPs only.

You can only check on the name check process status with USCIS, by making an Infopass appointment.

Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear, but that is how it works.

pianoplayer said:
Hi:

The FPs are an entirely different FBI inquiry than the name check. Many people's FPs are cleared the same day or within a day or two. The FBI does not release the results of the name check to you, nor do they say what the status on the processing of the name check is. The number you called is for FPs only.

You can only check on the name check process status with USCIS, by making an Infopass appointment.

Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear, but that is how it works.

Well, you are probably right, I'll have to keep waiting, I just hope it wont take long... My brother just started the consular process, I just hope mine dont take longer...

At least I will be able to work without problem, do you know how long usually takes for the AP?? I havent requested it yet, but I think I'll need it....

After the name check clears, How long it for CIS to answer....usually??

Old I-130 question

Hello guys, I am getting ready to file AOS in Dallas (DORA) for my wife (I recently got naturalized). I have following questions:

1. Do I submit copy of old I-130 (filed back in 2005) along with I485? How does the old I-130 get included in the package.

2. Should I file for EAD now or do I need to wait at least until 70 days?

Thank you for your help in adavance!

goodstuff1 said:
Hello guys, I am getting ready to file AOS in Dallas (DORA) for my wife (I recently got naturalized). I have following questions:

1. Do I submit copy of old I-130 (filed back in 2005) along with I485? How does the old I-130 get included in the package.

2. Should I file for EAD now or do I need to wait at least until 70 days?

Thank you for your help in adavance!

Hi:

I presume the old I130 was submitted when you were a PR. You need to update that I130 petition to reflect your USC - that will place your wife's petition in the immediate relative category. Call USCIS and update the petition. Then, submit a copy of the old I130 with the rest of your package, including a copy of your certificate of naturalization. Make sure to mention in your cover letter that you updated the previously submitted I130 and that you have included a copy of your naturalization certificate. Mention it to the officer at the interview also.

When we filed in Dallas, DORA did not allow you to file EAD immediately. One poster here reported having filed the EAD immediately recently. Perhaps you could fill out the form with the check ready, and ask the officer if you could submit it.

Hello,

Can some one PLEASE answer the following questions:

1. Can a US citizen apply GC for parents under DORA program in Dallas? Parents has TX state IDs and this is their 4th visit to US as visitors. US citizen actually resides in NJ but US citizen's sister lives in Dallas and parents are currently residing at Dallas.

2. Can they file concurrently I130 and I485 via mail to chicago lockbox with TX residence address or should they be using NJ address (USC's address)?

3. USC had a down syndrome brother whose age is 33 currently but unmarried. Can the USC also be able to apply GC for brother? We do have official certificates stating that his mental age is 7 yrs. Will he be considered as Immediate Relative of USC?

4. If the I130 and I485 are applied and in pending status, can parents apply for extension of I-94 in case the application is not approved yet? Currently the I94 expires on 06/18/2007.

Thanks again for all your support.

Action

Don't seem like there is any action whatsoever going on on the DORA front. Is there.
Interview 1/16/07
Receipt 1/23/07
Finger print 2/14//07
Absolute silence, status same online (case received and pending)
any DORA fellows had their cases processed yet.
Thanks,

Today is DAY 101.
My interview date was 12/11/06 and still no approval letter :-<
But my EAD was approved and it's coming to my address^^

Ead

Linkor,
When did you apply for the EAD? did you receive a 70 days notice to apply for it?
Thanks,

I received 70 days letter on Feb 24, 2007 and applied EAD in person on Mar 8 and fingerprinted on Mar 13.

Hope this will help you.

Hey Guys,

I am trying to file for DORA asap. Quick question:

Can anyone verify that these are the forms I need to have completely filled out at the time of my appointment:

I-130 and supporting documents (including the G325a)
I-485 and supporting documents (including the I-693 and I-864)

Is that all I should need?

(plus the money of course)

Anybody in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER?

It was a long wait and we are still waiting... We went through the DORA program and then somehow our case ened up in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER and here we are, still waiting... It's been 8 months! (240+ days!)

Anybody in similar shoes here? This is very frustrating!!!

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On July 19, 2006, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

same shoe here. very frustrating
8 months.....
It was a long wait and we are still waiting... We went through the DORA program and then somehow our case ened up in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER and here we are, still waiting... It's been 8 months! (240+ days!)

On July 19, 2006, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Hi:

Of course we do not know what is happening to your case, what processing it refers to. However, I can assure you that ALL DORA cases go to the Missouri Service Center for processing. All notices are also sent from there.

oh, is that the case? It never occured to me that all DORA cases were processed in Missouri Service Center. Thanks for the info.
I wished I took advantage of the 70 day letter and went to get my EAD and advance prole - now I have to apply separately and it may take up to 3 months...

all the notice # starts with MSC, which means Missouri Service Center

Will you mail your EAD/AP application to NSC or TSC ?

I am confused about the travel date on AP. Does everyone fix their travel date then file AP?