DORA Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment

IrishBailey said:
They put "Taiwan" instead of "PRChina". As a Chinese citizen, I will say "Taiwan" is not a country.

It is interesting that you say that --- the reason I asked is that I have heard of 2 different occasions where Taiwan was put incorrectly on the GC instead of PR China ---- that seems to be a common mistake.

As for Taiwan not being a country --- that is perhaps a subject not to be raised here - very controversial and people feel very strongly either way. No further comment.

IrishBailey, China is People's Republic of China. Taiwan is Republic of China. This is history bag. Be careful to bring up this issue here -- pianoplayer is right.

I have no intention to bring politics or history here. I am sorry to put such a sentence in my previous post.

lazybug said:
IrishBailey, China is People's Republic of China. Taiwan is Republic of China. This is history bag. Be careful to bring up this issue here -- pianoplayer is right.

filling fee for DORA?

Hi, everyone, I am new here and this is my 1st post :)

I will go to the Dallas for submmtting my forms and a interview. After reading some old interview experience from kamya.com (back to 2001), I am confused about that they said they have to pay $220 filling fee.
So just a simple question:
Besides the fees with forms like 485,130, is there any other filling fee for the dallas office?

and biometric fee. did you get a list from the infopass, all fees are listed.
sophiadun said:

I will go to the Dallas for submmtting my forms and a interview. After reading some old interview experience from kamya.com (back to 2001), I am confused about that they said they have to pay $220 filling fee.
Besides the fees with forms like 485,130, is there any other filling fee for the dallas office?

sophiadun said:

The fees for DORA are exactly the same as the regular process. Just bring the fee required for each form(some don't require any) - prescribed by the latest version of the form - this is usually in the instructions of the form or on the list of forms on the USCIS website.

Please note that the biometrics fee(that applies to most people) must be added on to the I485 fee - I think when we filed it was $325 for I485 and $70 for the biometrics and we could submit one check of $395.

Remember, DORA does not accept personal checks --- money orders or cashier's checks.

Good luck ---- let us know how it went.

I am from Dallas. What is the eligibility to apply through DORA process?? Just being a resident of Dallas helps??

Absolutely. They will check your texas driver's license or texas ID.
csjinna said:
I am from Dallas. What is the eligibility to apply through DORA process?? Just being a resident of Dallas helps??

Thank everyone for answering my questions :)
How did you get the FP notice before the notice arrives? Online?
I just got the mailed notice but I don't know how to get the notice before that.

Timeline till now
DO: Dallas
DORA Interview, I-485 filing: 09/25/2006
FP notice arrived: 10/6/2006

Hi everyone.
This is my first post. But I've been reading ya'lls posts and threads for a while now.

I begun my DORA process back in July of this year, and my case is over :) . I received my GC (time: 75 days).

Everybody who is still waiting on their GC's, don't get discouraged or frustrated, it'll come to you :)

Thanks to everybody who has submitted their comments and their process' ups and downs, it's very helpfull to all of us.

-LG

p.s. where's the dora time line? does anybody here have the link?

LaGioconda said:
Hi everyone.
This is my first post. But I've been reading ya'lls posts and threads for a while now.

I begun my DORA process back in July of this year, and my case is over :) . I received my GC (time: 75 days).

Everybody who is still waiting on their GC's, don't get discouraged or frustrated, it'll come to you :)

Thanks to everybody who has submitted their comments and their process' ups and downs, it's very helpfull to all of us.

-LG

p.s. where's the dora time line? does anybody here have the link?

Did you submit your case in Dallas? (Do you live in Dallas district?)

Dallas Resident

Hi guys, Im new here but I have been following all the posts, Im going to my DORA AOS App. in 10 days, but Im worried because my father who is my Petitioner doesnt lives in Texas, (I do). I did a first attempt to file throught DORA 3 months ago, and I almost got dismiss by the clerk because my father wasnt a Texas Resident, finally another clerk allow us to present documents, saying only the beneficiary has to be Texas resident. Finally I got dismiss because they retrograde my priority date by 3 months. Now I have a priority date again.

So I have two different opinions from 2 clerks, the info its not clear. Does anybody knows anything about it??? Its any law that clarify it??

Family Preference 1A. Unmarried Son over 21 of Citizen.

IrishBailey said:
Absolutely. They will check your texas driver's license or texas ID.

What about petitioner?? does he have to be Dallas resident too?? I have two opinions from DORA Clerks about it?? Any idea???

mao75 said:
What about petitioner?? does he have to be Dallas resident too?? I have two opinions from DORA Clerks about it?? Any idea???

The applicant needs to reside in the Dallas district. If you present a TX ID, you should be fine. In marriaged-based cases, the spouses would usually both live in the same district. But in your case, a parent and child does not have to live in the same household. I do not see a problem with you filing in Dallas.

pianoplayer said:
The applicant needs to reside in the Dallas district. If you present a TX ID, you should be fine. In marriaged-based cases, the spouses would usually both live in the same district. But in your case, a parent and child does not have to live in the same household. I do not see a problem with you filing in Dallas.

Thanks, Did you file under family preference?? was your petioner TX resident?? Did the IO check your TX ID?

mao75 said:
Thanks, Did you file under family preference?? was your petioner TX resident?? Did the IO check your TX ID?

In most cases the petitioner also resides in TX. However, since you as the applicant reside in TX, that should be sufficient. They do in fact check TX ID's in order to participate in the program. Just explain that you are a TX resident and that your father, who sponsored you, lives in a different state.

pianoplayer said:
In most cases the petitioner also resides in TX. However, since you as the applicant reside in TX, that should be sufficient. They do in fact check TX ID's in order to participate in the program. Just explain that you are a TX resident and that your father, who sponsored you, lives in a different state.

Well, thats what I thought at first, I tryied to file in July just after they retrograde dates, by that time the clerk told me at first I couldnt file because of this. Finally the other clerk allow me to file, but finally they dismiss it because the retrograde.

two days ago I requested the forms, and It came with an Instructions to file document and it says that both Petitioner and Beneficiary must show their TX Id to the clerk. So now Im not sure. I guess I'll find out on my appointment date.

pianoplayer said:

Well, You were right, they ask who is the Applicant to be a TX Resident, They dont even bother for that. Only question about Approved notice... finally they confirmed by phone about Receipt notice, and accepted.

Interview really nice and smooth... can you believe a really IO nice. I-485, New I-130 (2000 original I-130 discarded) and I-765 Approved and now waiting for fingerprints. :)

Thanks for your help and good advice!!!

mao75 said:
Well, You were right, they ask who is the Applicant to be a TX Resident, They dont even bother for that. Only question about Approved notice... finally they confirmed by phone about Receipt notice, and accepted.

Interview really nice and smooth... can you believe a really IO nice. I-485, New I-130 (2000 original I-130 discarded) and I-765 Approved and now waiting for fingerprints. :)

Thanks for your help and good advice!!!

Great ---- told you I don't think you had anything to worry about. Now you can relax a bit --- best wishes with the rest of the process.

Hey guys,

does anyone knows how long will take them to send the FP Letter after DORA Interview approved??

Another question, how long they take to cash the checks, Its been 11 days and they even haven't cash it. I know its soon but DORA its usually really fast to cash and send the FP letter.