DORA Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment

IrishBailey said:
good research, thanks a lot. However, to be hontest, I have no idea of what IBIS check is :p

Its some Inter Border agency check - dont remember the full acronym. It seems to be a check with a collection of law enforcement agencies. But this is quick and usually the least of your problems - if you are innocent that is..

IrishBailey said:
I am not Irish, I am Chinese instead. I studied in England for one year, and obvioulsy I like Baileys there.

Where do you go to school? I just graduated from UTD, and found a job at another university. My future employer filed H1-B for me, and it just got approved.

I plan to go back to China during Xmas, that is why I at least need an AP.

Awesome, congratulations. I am going to law school - sent you a PM. And now I understand the Bailey issue he he

IrishBailey said:
an update on my case

Aug 14: a welcome letter mailed

Aug 16: a new card ordered

it seems it is finally done.

Congrats! Mine was approved also - got the letter today 08/18/2006. Waiting for card. Did you get yours in the mail also or online status?

congrats to you too!!!

Got an email 8/18 saying case approved. I am out of town now, so have not seen any letters yet.

pianoplayer said:
Congrats! Mine was approved also - got the letter today 08/18/2006. Waiting for card. Did you get yours in the mail also or online status?

IrishBailey said:
congrats to you too!!!

Got an email 8/18 saying case approved. I am out of town now, so have not seen any letters yet.

Opposite here - I received a letter in the mail from Dallas office, but online status remains the same. I have heard though that online status does not work for everyone.

pianoplayer said:
Opposite here - I received a letter in the mail from Dallas office, but online status remains the same. I have heard though that online status does not work for everyone.

To update, the LUD changed today to 8/22 saying - a welcome notice has been mailed. But it was quite behind the actual receipt of the small notice. Note that the welcome notice referred to in the LUD; however, is the official large welcome letter printed like a notice of action - the one we received is just a smaller note from the district office to say that it has been approved with the officer's signature.

pianoplayer said:
To update, the LUD changed today to 8/22 saying - a welcome notice has been mailed. But it was quite behind the actual receipt of the small notice. Note that the welcome notice referred to in the LUD; however, is the official large welcome letter printed like a notice of action - the one we received is just a smaller note from the district office to say that it has been approved with the officer's signature.

Irishbailey, how are you doing? Back from your trip? Gotten the GC yet? Let me know.

Keep well

GC came in the mail today, just over 2 months after applying through DORA in Dallas. Was approved in just under 2 months. Thanks everyone for the support!

congratulations!!! I am still away. But after I saw your message, I asked my friend who is taking care of my mails recently to open all 'suspicious' letters, and found out that my card arrived too. What a relief!!

IrishBailey said:
congratulations!!! I am still away. But after I saw your message, I asked my friend who is taking care of my mails recently to open all 'suspicious' letters, and found out that my card arrived too. What a relief!!

Congratulations to you too! Safe travel back!

Dora

pianoplayer said:
Congratulations to you too! Safe travel back!

Hi Pionoplayer / IrishBaily
I have been reading ur comments online about DORA program from while. i would like to thanks u guys for such information. ur information has really helped us. i have a question and wondering if guys can reply that.. i am USC and i applied for my wife under DORA program alomsy same time as u guys. below are details..
--------------
DO: Dallas
DORA Interview, I-485 filing: 06/08/2006 (recived 06/14/2006 )
FP notice arrived: ~ 06/19/2006 (around)
FP taken: 06/28/2006

---------------
since then FP taken, we have not heard any thing from DORA ...i guess its almost 90 days...what should we do ?...it could possible that it got stuck in name check but how long ? its kind of frustating not knowing where is the problem. On line it says only, "we recived ur stuff on 14 june and will let u when they processing is complete". We are from india, is that could be the reason its taking more time for the name check ( which i doubt it ).

we got 70 days letter and we went to get EAD and AP. They gave us AP on spot and told us to sent our EAD to chicago ( after sept 1 applicant has send chicago and we went there on sept 5)..that could take up to 3 months to get as we heard from some one ( is it true )..

is there any no we can call or contact to find out the sitiuation ? plese reply

Last edited by a moderator:
Dora

IrishBailey said:
---------------------

I have been reading ur comments online about DORA program from while. i would like to thanks u guys for such information. ur information has really helped us. i have a question and wondering if guys can reply that.. i am USC and i applied for my wife under DORA program alomsy same time as u guys. below are details..
--------------

---------------
since then FP taken, we have not heard any thing from DORA ...i guess its almost 90 days...what should we do ?...it could possible that it got stuck in name check but how long ? its kind of frustating not knowing where is the problem. On line it says only, "we recived ur stuff on 14 june and will let u when they processing is complete"....We are from india, is that could be the reason its taking more time for the name check ( which i doubt it )

we got 70 days letter and we went to get EAD and AP. They gave us AP on spot and told us to sent our EAD to chicago ( after sept 1 applicant has send chicago and we went there on sept 5)..that could take up to 3 months to get as we heard from some one ( is it true )..

Last edited by a moderator:
dallasperson said:
--------------

---------------
since then FP taken, we have not heard any thing from DORA ...i guess its almost 90 days...what should we do ?...it could possible that it got stuck in name check but how long ? its kind of frustating not knowing where is the problem. On line it says only, "we recived ur stuff on 14 june and will let u when they processing is complete". We are from india, is that could be the reason its taking more time for the name check ( which i doubt it ).

Hi there:

Sorry to hear that your application is delayed. I am fairly sure that the reason for the delay is due to your name check. You may have a very common name or for some reason, there was a hit on your name. Did you not ask the officer at Infopass what the status on your name check/fingerprints was?

Right now, there is not too much you can do. If you want to make sure what is delaying your case, make an Infopass appointment and ask about the security checks. Remember, the FP check is different to the name check --- ask about both.

Otherwise, waiting is the only appropriate thing for now. The FBI supposedly clears most of the name checks with hits within 6 months ---- after that, I would consider other options: more Infopass appointments, writing to senator etc. But you have to at least give them a reasonable time.

Beyond this, we would not be much more help. Our security checks obviously cleared instantly, and we never had to deal with any further problems.

Best of luck and keep us informed.

pianoplayer said:
Hi there:

Sorry to hear that your application is delayed. I am fairly sure that the reason for the delay is due to your name check. You may have a very common name or for some reason, there was a hit on your name. Did you not ask the officer at Infopass what the status on your name check/fingerprints was?

Right now, there is not too much you can do. If you want to make sure what is delaying your case, make an Infopass appointment and ask about the security checks. Remember, the FP check is different to the name check --- ask about both.

Otherwise, waiting is the only appropriate thing for now. The FBI supposedly clears most of the name checks with hits within 6 months ---- after that, I would consider other options: more Infopass appointments, writing to senator etc. But you have to at least give them a reasonable time.

Beyond this, we would not be much more help. Our security checks obviously cleared instantly, and we never had to deal with any further problems.

Best of luck and keep us informed.

Thanks for quick reply...our AP & EAD location was different then where i had DORA interview...that was the reson i could not ask question.....

here are some question after reading ur reply.

1) what do u mean " hit on your name ".

2) can i just make infopass appointment for asking question (FP & Name ckeck ). should i ask the question same window where i submit 1 485 paper or where i was interviwed.

dallasperson said:
Thanks for quick reply...our AP & EAD location was different then where i had DORA interview...that was the reson i could not ask question.....

here are some question after reading ur reply.

1) what do u mean " hit on your name ".

2) can i just make infopass appointment for asking question (FP & Name ckeck ). should i ask the question same window where i submit 1 485 paper or where i was interviwed.

It doesnt matter that AP/EAD location was different - you could ask any immigration officer with access to the system. However, looking forward:

1. A hit on your name means that the FBI has found some file of theirs that involve your name, or some combination of your name. It doesn't mean it necessarily references to you, but it could be that someone else also has your name or something close to it. The name check scans for various variations of your name. Note that these are not just files on criminals, but also witnesses, secondary files etc. so if anything close to your name popped up, you had a 'hit on your name'. It then has to be manually researched, by pulling the files that contain the combination of your name ---- this is what takes a while. What takes even longer is for them to get to your file to manually research it --- there is a long line of files usually waiting to be manually checked. The average time to clear, however, according to FBI is 6 months.

2. Make an Infopass appointment for "I want to ask a question about my case" or "I want to talk to an immigration officer". The appointment will be at the main office, not the smaller one for conducting DORA interviews --- just look at the address, it will appear on the appointment sheet.

Hi, sorry I have not been here for a while. I have no idea as for the delay in your case. I have a very common Chinese name indeed, both men and women are using this name :eek: and I doubt it is related to name check. but who knows.

Sorry i do not have any better suggestions. Just best luck~~ and keep us posted.

IrishBailey

dallasperson said:
--------------

---------------

Hi Pianoplayer,

They put a wrong "Country of Birth" on my card!! Although it is not serious as a mistake about name spelling, gender, or DOB, but I still have to ask for a replacement card. It only took 2 months to get my GC, and it may take way too long to get the new card. :( :mad:

pianoplayer said:
It doesnt matter that AP/EAD location was different - you could ask any immigration officer with access to the system. However, looking forward:

IrishBailey said:
Hi Pianoplayer,

They put a wrong "Country of Birth" on my card!! Although it is not serious as a mistake about name spelling, gender, or DOB, but I still have to ask for a replacement card. It only took 2 months to get my GC, and it may take way too long to get the new card. :( :mad:

pianoplayer said:

That's terrible - it seems to happen with a lot of people. I was so glad when everything was correct on the card. Which country did they put for you instead?

They put "Taiwan" instead of "PRChina". As a Chinese citizen, I will say "Taiwan" is not a country.

pianoplayer said:
That's terrible - it seems to happen with a lot of people. I was so glad when everything was correct on the card. Which country did they put for you instead?