Don't waste your time with senator/congressman if you haven't hit 31-34 months yet.

angiodan

Registered Users (C)
Got a letter back from Senator Graham here in Florida. Sent me a nice copy of the TSC processing dates, and told me to contact them if I don't hear anything by March 2004. TSC is telling them 31-34 months for a 485.

Everything we already have heard; complete waste of time.

And in March 2004, they'll be saying 36-40 months!

This forum gives us a lot of hope and a lot of anxieties too. The more you read, the more pessimistic you are. One thing is certain that we all have no idea when we can get the GC before anything might go wrong (for example, no similar jobs after layoff when RFEs).

The article below copied from http://www.immigration-law.com/ shed some light on the sluggishness of the adjudications.

06/28/2003: Government's Zero Tolerance Mentality and Immigration Processing Backlogs
· Bush's 5-year backlog reduction plan was announced before the 9/11 incident, and even though no one within the Administration at this time admits it, it is obvious that the commitment to 6-month processing times under the so-called five year reduction plan is either practically gone or logistically impossible to achieve it. Current IBIS Check and SEVIS check and Special Registration check and on and on are stumbling block for the improvement of the processing times. There are more to the story. When the Congress passed the DHS Act, the relevant government employees' Civil Service Merit System and Union Rights were compromised and the employees have been vulnerable to disciplinary actions. Before the INS Commissioner retired last year, he had issued a so-called Zero Tolerance Policy Memorandum to the INS employees. The zero tolerance implied two things: Zero tolerance for immigration violations and zero tolerance for the INS officials's failure to handle matters in strict compliance with such policy. Even before this memo, the INS officials had developed a mentality of fear for mistakes and liability that could lead to disciplinary actions, but the memo appeared to have aggravated such mentality. Growing number of issuance of RFEs, denials, and delays of adjudications are undeniably related to the nervousness and fear the officials are currently obsessed with.
· We urge that the government leaders take an action to change such mentality within the agencies so that the officials perform normally without any fears. Making a mistake once in a while is part of our lives. Without doubt the officials should continue to do the right job in the IBIS and SEVIS checks to assure homeland security, but they should somehow feel at ease in performing their duties and services so that their effectiveness and efficiency are not unnecessarily negatively affected. Probably, the GAO should also look into this issue to correct problem, if any.

Waste of Time!!

There is no point in sending mails to senators or congressmens... if we send still Service Centers will take their own time to process apps.

GcMemphis:mad: :mad: :mad:

Experiment

With all the Presidential candidates in the fray, I wonder what would happen if someone mails 1 of them with a "request to look into my I-485 case", "wishing good luck in the primary", "I support your reform ideas" (pick MediCare, that seems to be the hot topic now) and offer a "small donation for your cause/election" (say $100).

All of them are pretty influential candidates. I wonder if the flattery and $100 might work.

Hmm ... I might try this next month, let's see ...

Just asking to look into your case won't work ... I mean, what's in it for them?!

Re: Experiment

Originally posted by bajis
With all the Presidential candidates in the fray, I wonder what would happen if someone mails 1 of them with a "request to look into my I-485 case", "wishing good luck in the primary", "I support your reform ideas" (pick MediCare, that seems to be the hot topic now) and offer a "small donation for your cause/election" (say $100).

All of them are pretty influential candidates. I wonder if the flattery and $100 might work.

Hmm ... I might try this next month, let's see ...

Just asking to look into your case won't work ... I mean, what's in it for them?!

Good thinking!
The letters will be OK. But are the donations allowed by law? since we are not US citizens?

I like Bajis's idea

I believe, it should be done.
Now question, who should do this? Should it be done by AILA? Aila could represent us (all aliens). There may be other groups representing aliens for their causes like these. Does any one have knowledge of some of these reputed organizations?

Contacting one person by an individual may not excite them at all. AILA could excite them beyond their imagination.

Re: Re: Experiment

Originally posted by king1999
The letters will be OK. But are the donations allowed by law? since we are not US citizens?

You cannot legally donate money to a candidate for federal public office unless you are a US citizen or permanent resident. Personally, I believe that this is a First Amendment case waiting to happen, but that's neither here nor there.

Contacting TSC

My general observation is that the official people hate to be urged.
Concerning TSC: I had a newly renewed H1B when I moved from North. By then, H1B need transfer to new company. Usually, it took two three weeks. However, I wanted to move before the school year of my children. I called TSC, and was answered that I can send a Fax requesting attention if I want.
I wrote a letter and sent the Fax. The result was I had to wait 5 more months until Clinton signed the new Act. I received the transfered H1B after one year or so.
I learned the lesson and become very careful about urging official people.