Done w/oath.Special thanks to....

farsez

Registered Users (C)
hi everybody.
i am done with my journey yesterday in los angeles.here my story.
I applied in the beginnig of june 2008 and went to interview in nov.2008.Iwas asked to provide additional documents and send it in in two weeks.waited almost 3.5 months and did notreceive anyting back then.I was so frustrated that i didint post anything and became silent reader in here.
Finnally i had requested inquiry about my case and received a respond with in a week saying that i was approved and should wait for the oath.it was kind of long wait.
I would like to deliver my special thanks to Bobysmith,Manlika,rick92,hurucan and all others.
you guys helped me a lot.I would not make this if i dindnt get the help of you all.
Here is the buttom line.
if you dont have any crimminal background and pay your taxes 99% you will be fine but please be patiant and take all neccessery steps.
1)first thing i would recommend ask an inquiry about your case if you have waited over 3 months after the interview (that can be done over the phone)
2)if you dont get any respond for the inquiry then contact to your congressmans and ombudsmans.

i like to thanks to you all on this board and wish the goodluck.
God bless you,God bless America

kong-rats, farsez. Glad you made it this far.

hi everybody.
i am done with my journey yesterday in los angeles.here my story.
I applied in the beginnig of june 2008 and went to interview in nov.2008.Iwas asked to provide additional documents and send it in in two weeks.waited almost 3.5 months and did notreceive anyting back then.I was so frustrated that i didint post anything and became silent reader in here.
Finnally i had requested inquiry about my case and received a respond with in a week saying that i was approved and should wait for the oath.it was kind of long wait.
I would like to deliver my special thanks to Bobysmith,Manlika,rick92,hurucan and all others.
you guys helped me a lot.I would not make this if i dindnt get the help of you all.
Here is the buttom line.
if you dont have any crimminal background and pay your taxes 99% you will be fine but please be patiant and take all neccessery steps.
1)first thing i would recommend ask an inquiry about your case if you have waited over 3 months after the interview (that can be done over the phone)
2)if you dont get any respond for the inquiry then contact to your congressmans and ombudsmans.

i like to thanks to you all on this board and wish the goodluck.
God bless you,God bless America

N-565 is an application for replacement of lost or incorrect naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship. In this case USCIS issued my child's certificate of citizenship (N-600) with a typo. The N-565 was to get it corrected. Funny thing is that even when it was not my fault they still issued kind of a replacement of the certificate not an "original" certificate. They have two slightly different forms for the original and the replacement. This applies to both naturalization certificates and certificates of citizenship. I believe this has to do with the original certificate having a serial number printed on red, which I guess works like an A number or social security number and only one gets assigned to an individual so subsequent replacements have that same number printed on it.

thank you all you guys for your comments.I took 2 days of vocation with my wife to celebrate:).since my case was with los angeles district i will post my experience in los angeles thread as well for others.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farsez,

Congrats on coming to the end of the process. Hope your dad process goes smoothly also.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations,
I have a very similar timeline and story like yours. I hope mine turns out the same way.

Farsez,

Congrats on coming to the end of the process. Hope your dad process goes smoothly also.

Good luck.
Hi pr881502
thank you.I am not planning to apply for my dad now since he has already pending case to change his wisa from b1 to f1.
but i belive i can file for him now.

congratulations,
I have a very similar timeline and story like yours. I hope mine turns out the same way.
yes almost the same.i am glad that yours also approved.so just for the OATH letter.you can also call 1 800 number to find out if any oat date assigned to you.