Does travelling on AP cause any 485 processing delays?

Jarhead

Registered Users (C)
Recently I was told that having to travel using AP would cause delays in the final approval of 485 applications, as to showing the need for the travel etc etc. Is this something true?

I'm planning to travel for pleasure and no real reason other than vacationing outside the US, do you think this could result in any kind of further road blocks than having to deal with the existing hurdles. Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Also is there a way to file AP online by myself than to use an attorney for this purpose.

Thanks
A

Jarhead said:
Recently I was told that having to travel using AP would cause delays in the final approval of 485 applications, as to showing the need for the travel etc etc. Is this something true?

No.

Also is there a way to file AP online by myself than to use an attorney for this purpose.

You can send in the I-131 form, along with the required evidence. There's no reason to use an attorney.

E-filing Form I-131 question

Thanks!

I was trying to e-file form I-131 and I got stuck at a point where it asks for a separate document to show the reason for applying for AP. I really don't have any particular reason but then I do estimate sometime in the near future to travel and hence the filing.

From the way it was listed in the form, it does asks for specific reason for filing the app, which I really don't have. Now having said that, is it advisable to quote a reason with no validity to it and file the application or should I just get this through my attorney to make things simpler but will cost me $$$.

Any suggestions or help appreciated.

Thanks again.