• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Does this mean it is over? DV2016

Yes that was impressive - and so out of character to post something suggesting they were going to screw something up. Almost makes up the the year of lunacy we endured before. Almost.

From the bottom of my heart, I really hope Sloner is correct and a re-draw will happen! :) (Has not been selected applicant appearing instantaneously here :) )

- No proof of a winner , 48 hours later....
- For sure, something is WRONG ,
- Session time out ~ => "may be winners",
- Up to now, nobody knows (with 100% accuracy) what is WRONG

* The funny thing is that for the last 3 years, the ESC always come up with issues , those useless DoS contractors who created that buggy Application do it on purpose to get more overtime/cash. Coming up with heavy Website loading/hits to justify those bugs in 2016 and from DoS is just hard to swallow...

What should we do? Wait, be patient ... And don't say that you are selected or not UNTIL you see the 1st Genuine proof of a DV 2016 Winner...

- No proof of a winner , 48 hours later....
- For sure, something is WRONG ,
- Session time out ~ => "may be winners",
- Up to now, nobody knows (with 100% accuracy) what is WRONG

* The funny thing is that for the last 3 years, the ESC always come up with issues , those useless DoS contractors who created that buggy Application do it on purpose to get more overtime/cash. Coming up with heavy Website loading/hits to justify those bugs in 2016 and from DoS is just hard to swallow...

What should we do? Wait, be patient ... And don't say that you are selected or not UNTIL you see the 1st Genuine proof of a DV 2016 Winner...

Sounds reasonable. All we have to do is wait really. Let's hope all this forum win with a low CN :) *fingers crossed*

Sounds reasonable. All we have to do is wait really. Let's hope all this forum win with a low CN :) *fingers crossed*

I don't know, to me for "not selected" there isn't much hope. Only "session timeout" guys are sweating right now.

I don't know, to me for "not selected" there isn't much hope. Only "session timeout" guys are sweating right now.

I genuinely believe that there is still a teeny tiny bit of a chance that there will be a redraw. Maybe their programmers will screw up and damage everything, maybe they won't be able to fix it, maybe those "session time out" is just an error for their specific confirmation no. but still the system itself didn't log any winners.

Why can't it be? We already saw an incident in 2012 (not similar but still). Those are below-par developers and they can mess up, especially when they are facing 2 million visitors traffic and 12 million entry worth of data and other formulas we don't know about.

I'm not saying to get your hopes up, but simply stating that 100% there won't be a re-draw or people who got "Session timed out" are the only winners, is pretty early to say now. Let's wait and see.

LOL every few minutes since they went live with the results! Time out every time! Well, for my husband actually. I got a "not selected" but he gets the time out every time, regardless of what time in the day or night we check, which as mentioned is constantly.

LOL every few minutes since they went live with the results! Time out every time! Well, for my husband actually. I got a "not selected" but he gets the time out every time, regardless of what time in the day or night we check, which as mentioned is constantly.

Is he clicking "submit" once or twice?

Well you are pretty lucky :) on one hand, if your husband is actually a winner based on the rumored theory, then it will be a win for you too. If there is a re-draw, then your "non-selected" message has no effect since the process will start over again anyway.

Well you are pretty lucky :) on one hand, if your husband is actually a winner based on the rumored theory, then it will be a win for you too. If there is a re-draw, then your "non-selected" message has no effect since the process will start over again anyway.

Yup! Although I hope the session timed out thing means hubby has won and we can stop stressing and plan our future there. :)