does this mean i cant get a visa anymore???

cooldoc80

Registered Users (C)
dear friends

i'm an iraqi doctor who escaped the war in my country , anyway i applied for usa refugee programe for iraqis 5 years ago , i was interviewd and reached the final stages with the us.cinitizenship and immigration officer

after that the result was ON HOLDDDDD , of course i waited for 2 year and still its the same , I think they put me on hold becoz i told them i used to treat patients whether they were iraqi police or militias ,,,,,,i didnt know this may put me in inadmissibility basis otherwise why didnt they make a decision on my file for this looooong time????anyway this is only my quess to y they put me on hold

my question is please :

for me i dont want to go to usa anymore , the situation in my town is better now and i finished phd degree which can enable me to live a happy life i hope BUTTTT there is a fellowship degree in usa which i applied to and badly want to complete as its a golden chance to strengthen my cv and job prospect, i have to pay for it of course its a 6 month degree......if i apply for j1 visa will they refuse me based on my previous refugee file ????

i gave my fingerprints and also passport copy when i was intervied for refugee , does this mean i cant enter usa for life even if i pay for the study and bring the letter of acceptance from the university and bring them proof of funding my study by giving them a sponsor bank account????

thanks dear friends

Last edited by a moderator:
your study visa is through the US embassy in Jordan, and is not related to the refugee program. your refugee request will not effect your chances in getting the F1 visa

Hope you get a better chance if you apply for asylum here in USA during your study, check out this article about a dude that returned to Iraq http://www.jordantimes.com/?news=29237

Also don't give up, keep following up with the refugee organization.

thnx alot

your study visa is through the US embassy in Jordan, and is not related to the refugee program. your refugee request will not effect your chances in getting the F1 visa

Hope you get a better chance if you apply for asylum here in USA during your study, check out this article about a dude that returned to Iraq http://www.jordantimes.com/?news=29237

Dear Raziel

thanks alot , i wisssshhhhh your right , becoz already my finger prints and all my information including my passport was taken during the interview by the Department of homeland security (DHS) so now for sure they will for sure ask me here in the usa embassy at jordan if i applied for refugee and even if they not when they enter my name during checking everything will appear for them and they will now i'm on hold for some security reason i think??

so why would they let me enter as a student if they didnt accept me as a refugee in the first place????

i wish and hope your right from the bottome of my heart

thnx for sharing

This is incorrect. You applying for refugee status will OF COURSE affect your chances of getting an F1 visa for being a student. As an F1 applicant, you have to demonstrate that you have enough ties to your home country and will return after the course of your schoolwork. If the consular officer sees a pending application for RESETTLEMENT in the US, you will get denied. Good luck with your Refugee application.

thnx

This is incorrect. You applying for refugee status will OF COURSE affect your chances of getting an F1 visa for being a student. As an F1 applicant, you have to demonstrate that you have enough ties to your home country and will return after the course of your schoolwork. If the consular officer sees a pending application for RESETTLEMENT in the US, you will get denied. Good luck with your Refugee application.

thnx dear asylee for your reply

i'm sure your absolutely right about that BUT I think i can demonstrate that i have ties as
1i will pay for study in advance

2plus there is a govermental sponsorship from my home country and there is a statemtnt in it that i have to return or i have to pay 50.000$

3 also i own a car and home in my conutry

so i'm hoping this will be enought(nobody knows)

anyway my question is if the immigration officer is convinced i'm returning i'm AFRAID HE WILL REjeCT ME DUE TO THe PENDING APPLICATION BECOZ Of the security on hold ?????

thnx again