Does Reentry Permit satisfy passport req. after Jan 2007?

NY_Applicant

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I am posting in this section because I did not get a response in the greencard section. I have a greencard, reentry permit, and I do not have a national passport. I am about to book a flight to Caribbean islands where you normally do not need a passport (greencard alone is fine) but in Jan 2007 everyone must travel on their passport (this is a new rule). Will airline personnel accept my reentry permit booklet in liue of passport? Common sense tells me it should be ok, but is there a page on the web that says that? I don't want to get turned around at the airport. Many thanks.

NY_Applicant said:
Hello, I am posting in this section because I did not get a response in the greencard section. I have a greencard, reentry permit, and I do not have a national passport. I am about to book a flight to Caribbean islands where you normally do not need a passport (greencard alone is fine) but in Jan 2007 everyone must travel on their passport (this is a new rule). Will airline personnel accept my reentry permit booklet in liue of passport? Common sense tells me it should be ok, but is there a page on the web that says that? I don't want to get turned around at the airport. Many thanks.

Yes it would be OK!