address for my I-485 application. It is listed as my
current address in the form.

Is that possible that INS asks for proof of staying in
each of the addresses at some point?

Does anyone has similar experience? What is the hidden
hassle of using other\'s address?

Thank you all.

No Title

but will they ask at all? I am doing that cuz the local INS that address belongs to gives out FP notice much faster.

You are willing to get a potential delay ...

by giving an address that does not correspond to your background information that the INS may look at. Maybe, other posters here know exactly what INS does and look at. I don\'t. Hence, I won\'t take anything for granted and only assume that INS will look and scrutinize everything. For the sake of assuming early FP due to differences address, I\'m not sure I\'d take my chances especially if I\'d gone this far. Good luck.

My thoughts

If your city of work is geographically obviously far from your residential address , then INS may question it . Other than that those lazy guys are not going to come looking to see where you live.

No Title

I did the same thing, never had a problem. Got approved without any RFE, but can\'t be sure.
Nothing can\'t be said about INS ;-)

Sometimes INS verifies address information at FP

Sometimes not. INS would certainly verify the information if he was called for an interview. I wouldn\'t recommend making any misstatements but you can use a "Cae Of" address on the I-485. You need to report actual residence on the residence section of the G-325A.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
http://www.geocities.com/jamesdmillsesq/