• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Does higher case number mean your less likely to get GC?

is this case number too high? 2011EU00027XXX? is it possible i may not get a chance for interview? if yes, when should i expect to be scheduled for interview?

Your number will probobly be current this time next year. If current this time next year then your interview would be around this time next year.

What is a high or low number I hear many people ask. The way I see it is like this:
Every year there are 50 000 visa available while 100 000 letters are sent to selectees. That means that if your number is under 50 000 you have a relatively good chance of getting a visa. The lower, the better. The more over 50 000, the smaller your chances. In the Africa region, for example, they go through the numbers at a rate of approximately 5000 per month, which means if you're under 5000 you will be processed in the first month, under 10 000 will be in the second month and so on.
This is very simplified but I hope it gets the message across.

Hi toyakumar,

My case is higher than yours, I think if you want to stay here for AOS why don't you try to get a school like language school or something, just to keep your F-1 visa .
I have a high case number, 2011AS00033xxx, and I am trying to decide whether to go with AOS or CP or just not proceed with the application. I currently have an F1 visa and from what I understand from reading through multiple discussion threads, in case I get rejected or they run out of visas before I can get interviewed, I won't be able to (or have minimal chance) to renew my F1 visa. If this happens through consular processing, I guess that means I am stuck in my home country. But what would happen if I chose to do AOS and somehow I got denied or they run out visas before my interview? Would I have to leave the US? Or would I be able to continue studying but unable to re-enter if I leave the US? I have a clean record so I don't expect any problems but the combination of my case number being too high and this issue of F1 renewal has been bugging me. I have about 2 yrs left in my PhD and it would be a shame to lose my F1 status at this point. Considering many of my friends with PhD degrees have gone on to get a greencard quite easily through their employers, I am trying to decide if this whole thing is worth the risk. If I had a low case number, I would have been less worried about these things, but alas, 33xxx for Asia seems quite high.