Does dependents need to have EAD or AP always?

Octob140

Hi Guys, After long journey, my case got approved 3 months back and my wife's case is still pending.

I applied EAD only once for her along with 485 application. She got AP twice and second one also expired. As we don't have any plan to travel to india now i didn't apply for her 3rd AP. She's home maker and she doesn't need EAD now.

Being, on 485 WITHOUT APPLYING FOR EAD or AP...will cause any concerns or doubts for the officer? is that why her 485 case getting delayed? we are in a process of inquiring name check also.

Please let me know if you know any thing generics.

Thanks.

hi
is it compulasry ead renewal for primary applicant while 485 pending.
if i didn't renew normally what will hapen.
please any body can explain this.
thanks
kish

Vinnu said:
Being, on 485 WITHOUT APPLYING FOR EAD or AP...will cause any concerns or doubts for the officer? is that why her 485 case getting delayed? we are in a process of inquiring name check also.

No, not having EAP/AP does not delay I-485.

kishsumith said:
hi
is it compulasry ead renewal for primary applicant while 485 pending.
if i didn't renew normally what will hapen.
please any body can explain this.
thanks
kish

EAD card application/renewal is not compulsory. You don't need EAD if you have valid working visa (if you are primary).
If you don't have valid visa (expired), you certainly need EAD.

EAD Renewal & AP

I applied for my 2nd EAD 4 months after it expired !!! And AP I applied 6 months after it expired!!! It definitely didn't create any problems for approval. Infact, in my case, 2 weeks after I applied for 2nd EAD, I got 2nd FP notice. And 1 week after I applied for 2nd AP, I got my 485 approval. I guess I was very lucky !!!

hi thank u verymuch .
here i have 2 Questions.

1)my EAD and 6th year VISA expiring in same month(next year 2005 april).
a)so if i didn't get my 485 approval by that time i need to renew EADas well as 7th year visa extenstion.or either one is enough.

B)with out 7th year visa extenstion can i apply for ead renewal.

thanks
kish

kishsumith said:
1)my EAD and 6th year VISA expiring in same month(next year 2005 april). so if i didn't get my 485 approval by that time i need to renew EADas well as 7th year visa extenstion.or either one is enough.

You need one or the other.

B)with out 7th year visa extenstion can i apply for ead renewal.

Of course. Eligibility for the EAD and AP is based on a pending I-485 petition, nothing more.