Does checking the online status slow the process.

testminister

Registered Users (C)
I have heard this and seems to be true that if you are frequently trying to know the status of your case by phone or online, it slows the process, may be deny too. I replied my RFE 140 and they received the same on 18 th feb, but no proceeds since then. I check the status practically every day and wondering if its the cause of the delay. If any one can throw some light on this. Is it something to worry about.

Where did you hear this? I am getting worried too coz I checked it several time a day!

Can anyone respond?

When they introduced the online account concept (and you can refer to threads around mid April) people said creating an account and checking status trigged approvals - like EADs and APs... now the pendulum swings the other side...

Rationally, checking status online does not take up any time or resources for USCIS, so it should not be an issue... My $0.02

testminister said:
I have heard this and seems to be true that if you are frequently trying to know the status of your case by phone or online, it slows the process, may be deny too. I replied my RFE 140 and they received the same on 18 th feb, but no proceeds since then. I check the status practically every day and wondering if its the cause of the delay. If any one can throw some light on this. Is it something to worry about.

Yes !!!

here goes.. USCIS has put triggers on their website - that will send an email to the adjucating officer handling your case that you have been very impatient. and as a punishment your case will be demoted for unknown number of days !!!!!

:D

animal

testminister said:

No it is not true.

I've heard similar rumors (frequent status checking would cause a detriemental effect) during LC processing too... From my LC experience can assure you that it was a big fat rumor spread by a paranoid user...

zbcx123 said:
I've heard similar rumors (frequent status checking would cause a detriemental effect) during LC processing too... From my LC experience can assure you that it was a big fat rumor spread by a paranoid user...

Just think about it - anyone can check anyone's status by running automated scripts - like immigrationwatch does. How can they differentiate if the real person is doing it or any sampling site? Besides it will be a big scoop if USCIS does so(like-why did they allow in first place).

If this were to be true.. for a change my P.. would become more impatient then me -- and would check all nite all day ten thousand times a day...

I am sure this is not true.

it is not true. Before my I 140 approval, I used to check the status atleast 10 times a day. But I got approval in a reasonable time when other people who applied around time was getting approval. I don't think that checking online message change anything.

Guys don't go with this...cos I used to check my 140 case status online multiple times a day for the past 2 months and you know what today my case got approved...

ND: 07/10/03
Cat : EB3

Thanks pibo and pyr_03 for sharing your experiences and stoping this nosense. Folks, let's not get histerical ok ? We are all frustrated and tired, and it doesn't help to get paranoid over nothing. It doesn't help to give wrong information either.

The only thing that I could think of, that could delay your case, is to talk to the officer actually responsible to review your case, and piss her/him off to the point that the officer will just put your case down in the pile. Really. But none of us is so stupid as to do so. :)

Maybe

This concern can be true... maybe the email shot when you check the status is copied to the officers boss too.... and they usually run reports.... so if you check the status many times, the report will show that this particular officer is inefficient. To avoid this, the officer might reject your application.
Did you get your 140 rejection testminister? do you still live in the 21st century? Bullshit....

Yes It Does

testminister said:

Checking case status online frequently takes up valuable office time. Sooner or later, your employer is going to catch u idling away or feel that you are getting too desperate to leave. He is therefore going to fire you. The H-1B scavengers will immediately smell an approved labor cert and will coax employer for labor substitution. Your 140 will be withdrawn and filed with labor substitution!! Your 140 is toast.... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense but this is the most ridiculous and paranoid line of thinking I've ever witnessed on this board...

I know you are entitled to your opinion, but I think you should refrain from posting such comments ...

Take it easy

This is true

zbcx123 said:
No offense but this is the most ridiculous and paranoid line of thinking I've ever witnessed on this board...

I know you are entitled to your opinion, but I think you should refrain from posting such comments ...

Take it easy

An internal source told me that applicants are allowed to check online status only once a week. If u check more than 3 times a week, it immediately triggers a RED ALERT at the USCIS office. A sniffer progam is deployed to trace you down.

Once u have been traced, then its all over. FBI commandos are deployed to conduct a raid at your apt. 10 black commandoes will break open ur front door, jab thier AK 47s into your forehead. You will be handcuffed and dragged from your house. You will be too dazed to notice the choppers hovering across ur house and a mob of newsreaders desperately trying to ask u something.

Next thing u know ur in jail for a few days and then deported back to home country.

But talk to your lawyer if u can reapply after that.

Smilies

Folks, lots of your posts in this thread are really funny, but guess what, not everyone has the same sense of humour ... so they either

- freak out :eek:
- frown :(
- or really get mad :mad:

How about using the smilies on the message editor to make it clear when you are kidding ?

Please do, because otherwise I'll kill ya, kill ya I tell ya !
:D

?

Its a information I shared, coz, I was informed by some authentic source. I thought of putting here thinking I would get more opinions from the forum, but looks like people didnt like to hear this. :)

testminister said:
Its a information I shared, coz, I was informed by some authentic source. I thought of putting here thinking I would get more opinions from the forum, but looks like people didnt like to hear this. :)
Who said people didn't like to hear this? All were waiting for a thread like this to make some fun of and forget our frustation for some time. :D

Almost nobody agree with you though, including me.

Relax man! being paranoid won't help.

Lets look into this!

#1 Today, 03:50 PM
avi_WaitGC
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2004

Access Denied

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the below message when i was trying to check the online status ...

Is this something serious, becaz it never happened before...could some one help it out

You have been denied access due to too many inquiries.

The purpose of the Customer Relationship Interface System is to provide customers (and/or their representatives) individual access to case status for applications submitted to USCIS Service Centers. If the system determines that a large number of requests have been submitted from an organization or an individual in a short period of time, that organization or individual will be prohibited from accessing the system for an unspecified timeframe. This is to ensure that individuals for whom the system is intended will have full access to finding their case status.

The USCIS intends on providing a future capability which will allow organizations to enter a list of cases for which they would like to track case status. Representatives will then be able to maintain a log of Receipt Numbers and receive email notification whenever an update is made to the case status database.

05-11-2004 04:46 PM EDT

I Guess I was not wrong :)

The denial of access has nothing to do with processing cases !

It is only their way of database access traffic control.

So, this in no way proves that case processing will slow down if you check your status too often.