Does anyone know good relaxation technique?

485GCCase

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, I feel very anxious, stressed out and pessimistic 24/7/365. Can anyone suggest me any relaxation technique that could make me more efficient in life? Do you guys also feel that or I seriously need to meet a psychiatrist? I actually went ones it had a very short term effect or to be realistic none.

Thanks

me too...

actually I was looking forward to some long lasting relaxation technique and not the temporary one.......does anyone here practise any more effective one. I am quite sure everyone does practise some tecnique knowingly or unknowingly and its just the matter of sharing the tecniques and its effectiveness.

Hey 485GCCase,

The best way to relax is keep speaking urself, great things are happening always...n I am getting better n better everyday.

The next would be:
Every day morning and evening (before u sleep)...do this for 10 min...

Just sit some place...close ur eyes..(let us not distrub by anybody to you). Keep all ur attention just on the breathing...forgetting everything that r coming to ur mind..even if some ideas comes..dont worry about them...if u do this few days u will be able to get some results...Again..I am not an expert..but it helps..I

or If you can find some yoga center..n go there..they should help you..

or If you want to goto a place, for 10 day (full time) visit this site...yeah it is 10 days..but the best techniuqe..I have done this while in India...but it is there in USA too..the technique which was invented by Buddha..

http://www.dhamma.org/index.htm

They are an independent organization..do this free of cost..to help people...if u want u can pay some donation..

Hope this helps...

Go find a Yoga or Zen center in your area .. or do some Pilates training. In addition to its health benefits, it's also good for your overall well-being.
If you have something in your mind that really bothers you .. LET IT GO! Learn to accept that there is the time for everything.

I know some people might consider me

a Flake...

but

YOGA

truly is a cure for stress. I have never felt better. I dont do it that often which is why I keep bugging you guys with messages but when I do it I feel great.

I bought a series of video power Yoga tapes. Cost me $30 but is one of the best investments I've made. I am still on the first video. It will take me a while to move to the next levels.

Actually any sweating activity will reduce stress!

Bye

may be I'll also go and buy some yoga cassettes as I don't think I would go to attend any class as such. Its sounds like a great idea.....thank you all. Tried meditation but could not do it for more than 2 mins so yoga should help me I feel. Gosh this self-control thing is the toughest thing on the Earth.

For how long should one do yoga to feel its effect?

Yoga

You'll feel it the very first day :)

Yoga has a lot many variations but at the end you have the "corpse pose" or Shavasana... which is the most relaxing pose. All other things you do are a preparation for that pose!

Enjoy. I recommend tapes by Lee or Bryan Kest. Lee is on DVD so might be better. Bryan Kest is only on VHS but is very good.

485GCCase,
Based on my experience, meditation, alcohol, vacation are just temporary way to escape our reality (though we need them from time to time). I think we should learn to accept the brutal facts of life like 'Life is so unpredictable'(your quote).

So, do not try to escape your reality, but just accept it.

Try Art of Living foundation

www.artofliving.org

They have courses also. I had taken a course and it is very good. Though I don't practice it (because I don't feel stressed), but I know what to do when I feel stressed.

gym

i think 1-1.30 hr in the gym every evening is my best shot. It really does make a difference. The more u stressed , get a heavier dumble and sweat it out.

Originally posted by 26dec02
485GCCase,
Based on my experience, meditation, alcohol, vacation are just temporary way to escape our reality (though we need them from time to time). I think we should learn to accept the brutal facts of life like 'Life is so unpredictable'(your quote).

So, do not try to escape your reality, but just accept it.

I understand what you are saying here but one has to be practical and insensitive to take it boldly..........which not everyone is. Its easy said than done! Sometimes I feel guys can follow it more boldly than girls.

Thanks PatienceGC for the info of those cassettes.

This form is sooooo great to discuss things out maybe even after I get my green card (if at all) I would stay hooked on to it for ever.

Love you all!

Meditation !

Following indeed worked for me....

If you like classical, new age, fusion, folk music then try:

Tibetan Chants
Tibetan Vajra chants

Ravi Sankar's ensamblic and symphonic compositions

Yo Yo Ma's silk road journey

Buddha Bar vol iv
Buddha Lounge

Get a statue of Buddha (sitting postion)

Get few candles with soothing aroma

And I guess you know what to do !!!!

And try to kill the stressful thoughts. Keep looking at Buddha's face ...

After some time you will reach a state of your mind where you can only sense a presence of Buddha, music and the soothing aroma !! ......

It's a path towards an ultimate spiritual enlightenment...

Last edited by a moderator: