Does any one know this...

dec11thRD

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

Can we give FP in Chennai/INDIA for I485 application filings in Vermont service center or any other service centers....???

Urgent please....

i sent mail to Chennai consulate. I will post the response as soon as i hear from them.

:)

You might complicate your case by confusing them even further. The service center may keep looking for your fp results here, while the consulate in India may keep wondering why you did your FP there and not in the US.

Also consider the postal delays.

Just my 2 cents

Originally posted by dec11thRD
Can we give FP in Chennai/INDIA for I485 application filings in Vermont service center or any other service centers....???

Highly unlikely - the Consulate is part of the Department of State, and USCIS is part of Homeland Security. I highly doubt if they would exchange FP results, even if the consulate is willing to do this for you.

Even if one takes the CP route, the FP is done only at POE, which obviously means that Consulates are not equipped for FP.

This is not my problem…

Originally posted by ramz
You might complicate your case by confusing them even further. The service center may keep looking for your fp results here, while the consulate in India may keep wondering why you did your FP there and not in the US.

Also consider the postal delays.

Just my 2 cents

This is not my problem… it’s just a hunch…could help to the individuals who went to India planning to come only for FP.

Its part of the discussion... not convincing my issue...

I agree, but there is no room to confusion here... Because, when we give FP we also give our original FP notification (issued by INS....).

Reasons
1. Here, All FP information will be sent to service center from the local FP office after verification done on the FP formats. Then the process will get resumed.
The same thing happens from the US consulate, INDIA.

2. If the USC, Chennai office accepted to take the FP for this type of issues, then the head ache is gone, If the INS don’t worry about from where they got the FP.
so let me call the INS also…

CIS has office in New Delhi. But the question is will they allow? My question would be can you do the Finger printing in different office or in an office which is not jurisdiction of your service center.

Re: Ramz

Originally posted by DryIce
What postal delays are you talking ? FP from consulate is sent by post ? :confused:

It Doesn't matter it's a postal or other. But it could delay. I definitely believe there could be some transit delay in between.

Ok anyway,

I got the response from chennai office for the request i made...

Here is the reply:

Yes - We can get his finger print done at our office. However, there
is a
fee which is Rs. 3910. You should bring a demand draft payable to the
American Consulate General, Chennai, payable at Chennai.

Visa Information Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Tel. 28112060(direct)
28112000(board)

I know some one who is trying for this right now... he is going to US consulate ... Let us see... How it goes.

Folks, Take care....
I definitely believe this could help every one.

Last edited by a moderator: