AlessandraRS

I am a US citizen living abroad. I have a 4 month old son with a foreign father.

I will try to apply for my son's naturalization using the N600-K (for citizens regularly living abroad). I don't have means to prove that I lived in the states for 5 years, so I will use my US citizen mothers time.

Proof that I have that she lived there for 5 years, 2 after 14 years old:
Adult high school transcript accounting for 1 year. (1977 to 1978)
College diploma accounting for 4 years. I already contacted the college and we are just waiting for an official transcript to arrive by mail. (1978 to 1982)

I'm not sure if they will take off the time of vacations and breaks. So I would be left with less than 5 years.

My mom has joint tax returns filed with my dad from 1989 and 1990, using an American address as home adress. She has a receipt attached to the back from a former employer these 2 years. We actually lived there full time these 2 years and I was born there in 1990.

She also has joint tax returns from the years 1994 to 1998 stating an american adress as home adress. These years we did not live there full time. We stayed a couple of months each of those years. It states my dad was a pastor those years and there are no receipts.

Questions:

1. Can I use tax returns as proof that she lived there?

2. Can I use all the years or just 1989 and 1990?

3. That is the last time she filed taxes, is there a problem? She doesn't make a lot of money and our national coin is worth 4 times less than the dollar. I don't think she has to file? And will they know?

4. Do I mail original documents? (Sounds risky). And I'm a little confused about the mailing adress.

5. How do I prove custody of a 4 month old?? I live with the father and we have been together for over 5 years, but aren't married.

6. Do I have to wait until he is talking to swear the oath or he doesn't have to?

7. What is the best/fastest place to file?

Thank you in advance!!
And sorry for the huge post.

1 Yes, you have to sendo copy e have originals;
2 All, more documents you present better evidence you have;
3 No, i request at the Social Security Earning Statment Certified.
4 No original only copys;
5 Identified Documents, Family Statmet, of foregain country with tradutions;
6 No child do not have to swear, iven if they are bigger it will be nice;
7 Important where you have somewhere to stay or near where you lived. Important do not go in big Citys.

NB: Your mother was born in USA ??