Documents needed for Naturalization

You can initiate a name change directly through your district court, the name change doesn’t have to be tied to the naturalization process. Your son will need to present the name change documents from the court when he goes for his naturalization interview. The approved documents will be used in issuing his naturalization certificate upon a successful completion of the naturalization process.
Thank you so much Sim1smom.

Hi Sm1smom, Susie and all,
Hope to have a great year 2021.
We applied for both passport book and card. We received the passport books for my wife and I after 6 weeks exactly.
the passport card and naturalization certificate seem lost by the post office ( they state department sent them back to us on regular first class mail). The post office delivery info app said we received the mails but it was not.
I called the state department and they said we don’t know. What we have to do now in your opinion?
The state department said that they can not do anything during Covid-19 at this time). It’s interesting they sent important documents in regular mail although we paid for priority mails but they used it for the passport book only.
We are thankful that we got our passports book. But we ask advice specially about the citizenship certificates. Please give thoughts or advise or share experience. Thank you

I want to update you guys. I received the certificate of Citizenship after went to another area. The post man was very gentle and brought it back.
Only passport card is lost and the passport department said if you didn’t receive after 14 days we will send you another one but I have to mail a form with no cost.

My mom is around 74 and half years old and has been in us the last five years. She is green card holder and we want to apply for citizenship. She does not know any English at all!
Is she exempt from English exam? Is there any possibility that we can use for to waive that requirement?
Thank you for the time and help

My mom is around 74 and half years old and has been in us the last five years. She is green card holder and we want to apply for citizenship. She does not know any English at all!
Is she exempt from English exam? Is there any possibility that we can use for to waive that requirement?
Thank you for the time and help
Unfortunately she does not meet the exemptions as she has not been here long enough. They are
-Age 50 or older at the time of filing for naturalization and have lived as a permanent resident (Green Card holder) in the United States for 20 years (commonly referred to as the “50/20” exception).
OR
-Age 55 or older at the time of filing for naturalization and have lived as a permanent resident in the United States for 15 years (commonly referred to as the “55/15” exception).

Almost every town has a local community center, adult education arm of high school system or some other public entity that gives English as a second language classes for naturalization and helps teach the civics test questions too, and these classes are very often free.

Thank you for the response.
I was talking to some fellows they said she may be able to apply through the medical document??? I am not sure if such thing is possible? Any idea, thank you again for your attention and help

Thank you for the response.
I was talking to some fellows they said she may be able to apply through the medical document??? I am not sure if such thing is possible? Any idea, thank you again for your attention and help
Well, it needs to be a proven exception, and a serious disability and not just an excuse. See below. What is the resistance to learning some English? Surely it will also make her life easier here?

Medical Disability Exceptions to English and Civics
You may be eligible for an exception to the English and civics naturalization requirements if you are unable to comply with these requirements because of a physical or developmental disability or a mental impairment.
To request this exception, submit Form N-648, Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions. This form must be completed by a licensed medical or osteopathic doctor, or licensed clinical psychologist.
For more information, see the USCIS Policy Manual Citizenship and Naturalization Guidance.

Well there is no resistance she tries to learn but so far no success. Thank you we will see what we can do
Is she in an ESL class? From my understanding those tend to be very successful as they are particularly geared towards naturalization.

Where can we get the civic questions and materials to study?
They are online , basic information https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/2020test , test questions and answers https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/crc/M_1778.pdf

She is studying by herself. We should look for adult ESL classes
I strongly suggest this. It makes learning easier, it makes sure she is learning the right English, the ones aimed at naturalization tests will help her learn the questions, and sometimes people meet new friends even. Check the adult education division of your local high school system, local community centers etc.

Just a shame that the citizenship test has become political football. Shows how far things have been politicized. Really doesn't make sense to confuse and frustrate people who have been in this country for years paying taxes, who are now eligible for citizenship. Means each president will authorize his/her own citizenship test?

Just a shame that the citizenship test has become political football. Shows how far things have been politicized. Really doesn't make sense to confuse and frustrate people who have been in this country for years paying taxes, who are now eligible for citizenship. Means each president will authorize his/her own citizenship test?
Who’s confusing anyone? Those who have already filed and been studying the new test have the option which test they want to take for interviews into late April, from March filing it reverts to the prior one.

(I might agree it is a shame that the previous administration tried to use the test as a political instrument for its POV, but it’s hardly like there is a brand new test to confuse people now.)

Who’s confusing anyone? Those who have already filed and been studying the new test have the option which test they want to take for interviews into late April, from March filing it reverts to the prior one.

(I might agree it is a shame that the previous administration tried to use the test as a political instrument for its POV, but it’s hardly like there is a brand new test to confuse people now.)
I was referring to 'precedence'. Next presidents can also change it if they want, now that it is political football.

hi,
I bought a house before our citizenship interview. We are wondering how to change or update the home ownership title with the new names we changed in our citizenship interview? Any experience how to do it?
Thank you

This is a helpful post to make new document neutralization. Thanks for sharing this precious post with us.