Do I need to send i-864 with mom's i-485 application

GCDoc

Registered Users (C)
I had applied for change of status for mom (i-131) in November. I didn't simultaneously send i-485, I am applying for i-485 now with advance parole as mom needs to visit India to finish some paperwork after father's demise.

Do I need to submit i-864 form showing I am supporting her when she is here? or it is not necessary?

You mean you filed the petition (I-130) in November and are filing I-485 now? Yes, you need to submit I-864 Affidavit of Support with I-485. Also note that Advance Parole may take at least 4-5 months to get after you apply for it (with I-131).

Thank you for the clarification! Yes I filed I-130 and now I am filing I-485 and I-131 (and I-864 Affidavit of Support). Sorry for the mixing up form numbers

Thank you for the clarification! Yes I filed I-130 and now I am filing I-485 and I-131 (and I-864 Affidavit of Support). Sorry for the mixing up form numbers
Your mom has been in the US the whole time since you filed I130? On a B visa? I’m a bit confused because you say you filed to change status in November but i485 has not been filed yet.

Mom got a call for biometrics (code 2).
1. What happens next? Whne can she get the Advance parole document to travel?
2. How long does it take for green card from here?

Any help/guidance is appreciated

Mom got a call for biometrics (code 2).
1. What happens next? Whne can she get the Advance parole document to travel?
2. How long does it take for green card from here?

Any help/guidance is appreciated
Member SusieQQQ had an apt question in post #4

i-130 was filed in Nov 2017. i-485 and i-131 was filed in March 2018 (with affidavit of support from son)

Got biometrics (code 2) done a few days back (no change in status in the USCIS system yet). Mom is 80+ years old

Will she get a GC based on the above or just AP and then she will be called for another biometrics? She has not done any medical as yet?

Thanks in advance

I guess we will receive an intimation whereby she will be asked to submit medical exam results.
How long does that take for parents?

It’s my understanding that AOS basically works the same way regardless of what the category is, but it does depend how busy your FO is. Usually the medical is submitted with the I485, but you obviously didn’t do that, so I guess she’ll have to do it for the interview. You should check your FO processing times.

We filed the I-130 in November 2017 and I-485 in March 2018. Will the FO (Newark, NJ in her case) consider the Nov 17 date or Mar 18 date for AOS?

You only filed I485 in March so, March. They can’t start processing it before it’s filed....