1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need to send i-864 with mom's i-485 application

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by GCDoc, Feb 19, 2018.

1. GCDoc

GCDoc Registered Users (C)

I had applied for change of status for mom (i-131) in November. I didn't simultaneously send i-485, I am applying for i-485 now with advance parole as mom needs to visit India to finish some paperwork after father's demise.

Do I need to submit i-864 form showing I am supporting her when she is here? or it is not necessary?

2. newacct

newacct Well-Known Member

You mean you filed the petition (I-130) in November and are filing I-485 now? Yes, you need to submit I-864 Affidavit of Support with I-485. Also note that Advance Parole may take at least 4-5 months to get after you apply for it (with I-131).

3. GCDoc

Thank you for the clarification! Yes I filed I-130 and now I am filing I-485 and I-131 (and I-864 Affidavit of Support). Sorry for the mixing up form numbers

4. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

Your mom has been in the US the whole time since you filed I130? On a B visa? I’m a bit confused because you say you filed to change status in November but i485 has not been filed yet.

5. GCDoc

Mom got a call for biometrics (code 2).
    1. What happens next? Whne can she get the Advance parole document to travel?
    2. How long does it take for green card from here?

Any help/guidance is appreciated

6. 1AurCitizen

1AurCitizen Registered Users (C)

Member SusieQQQ had an apt question in post #4