Do I need to be in country

LaborSubs

Registered Users (C)
My 485 ND is 05/14/04. Vermont is currently processing 05/06/04. Based on processing dates I expect my 485 approval anytime in next few weeks.

For some official work I am in UK for last 6 weeks. I came to UK after completing my FP on 02/17/05. I may need to stay in UK for another 4 weeks.

My question is, will they hold my 485 approval because I am not in US. Please note I am still working for the company that sponsored my green card.

Thanks

As per my knowledge, I think the below statement is incorrect and I may be wrong too. AP should be used for that specific country for which you have applied and you cannot use it for anywhere. If you have AP for UK then you should be fine or else you will have to use your H1 Visa to enter.

RoaringBull said:
If you have a valid AP, you are good to stay anywhere.

needhelp1 said:
AP should be used for that specific country for which you have applied and you cannot use it for anywhere. If you have AP for UK then you should be fine or else you will have to use your H1 Visa to enter.

AP is not country-specific.

From my experience you can use AP to reenter the country after i485 approval. My wife and I did it without any problems. The only thing I would worry about it getting your passport stamped not later than 30 days after approval, otherwise some delays due to security clearance may arise according to my lawyer.

I have extended question,

I am visiting my home country. I have valid AP expiring in June . I also have H1 renewal approval notice . Looking at interview schedule at Mumbai consulate, I don't think I can get H1 visa stamp.

Question is if I decide to enter USA on AP now, what would be my status? Could it void my H1 approval notice? ( remember I would not be having H1 stamp while entering while I carry only approval notice) .

Please give me your suggestions. Thanks