divorcing US Citizen

achury

I have been married for over 2 years. I have my temporary green card since may 2005, Unfortunately my marriage have some problems and we are separated for the moment but we are filing the divorce. My temporary green card expires in may 2008. Can i still getting my permanent green card?

I dont think that is true.
You can also file as divorced and get the condition removed on basis of "extreme harship"....u dont necessarily have to prove an abusive partner.
You can prove that ur marriage was in good faith....if u have any kids...it helps...I would suggest go to an attorney....

only if you can prove that your partner is "abusive" or some thing like that
Untrue. As long as the marriage was entered into in good faith (i.e. you didn't just get married for a green card), you can file for removal of conditions.

I have been married for over 2 years. I have my temporary green card since may 2005, Unfortunately my marriage have some problems and we are separated for the moment but we are filing the divorce. My temporary green card expires in may 2008. Can i still getting my permanent green card?

Hi:

The math on your conditional GC doesn't make sense ---- check your expiration date. You may have to file very soon!

Note, you do not have to be abused to file by yourself for removal of conditions - you can certainly claim that you entered the marriage in good faith and that it didn't work out.

try to get your spouse sign on your i-751,go with you to the interview

tell them your marriage is based on bona-fide

you will either have to have your wife sign the application or prove that you will face extreme hardship if you leave the country. Or you can prove that your partner was abusive (Power and Control Wheel Act - search on google).

"Domestic abuse does'nt always mean physical violence."

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2003,1120-mehta.shtm

other than that you will have to leave the country if your divorce does'nt get finalized before you file for removal of conditions.

I was in a similar situation where my wife will not sign the application and had to go to Sheely Murthy, only to find out that it's too late. I would have had better chances if i was already divorced. Either have her sign or get back on H1B. Or leave the country.