Divorcing derivative Asylee - Need advice

Asylee13

Registered Users (C)
I was granted asylum in 2000 and applied I-730 for my spouse and kid year later. They came here in 2003. At port of enrty their derivative asylee status had an expiration date of 1 year and IO told her to apply for I-485 immediately.
But, when she got here we she became a totally differnt women. We had fight almost every day. She threatened to call the cops and all that... So, i didn't apply for her I-485 and my son also as she won't let me do that.
Now we are going through divorce and she is asking me to apply for her I-485 and at the same time make sure she can go home and come back safely. Now i need to know what should i do? She threatens to call the battered women help organization.
I need to get her SSN, Work Authorization, I-485 and all that. Should i apply for her prior to divorce or should i divorce and let her do all this by herself.
Which is a better option?
What should i do. Please advice.

As you know asylum is always indifinite, with few exceptions. The problem of your wife is not that she is illegal, but she wants a greencard. Here you need to safe yourself. In my opinion, if you feel threatened and not wanna stay with this girl, just go ahead with divorce. she won't have a problem with adjustment. All she would need is to file nunc pro tunc application, and the USCIS will process her application on her way. She does not need you or the battered organization thing for her application to be processed. I was in the same situation. I came here in 2000 as a deravitive, and I divorced in 2001. I was not understanding the nunc pro tunc thing in the beginging, but if you read my story you will understand it and I finally got my greencard without even explaining i divorced. So be wary for yourself, and if this girls knows the "the batter organization thing" I think something has made her learn about this organization. Most of the people don't know this organization, so I think she is very serious...get out of her way; otherwise, you will have one bad case filed against you and you will be looking for someone to help you...botton line..if you feel it go ahead with the divorce process she won't problem with adjustment and your son too..not a big deal...safe yourself...

faysal
I have a little favour to ask: can you update your signature since you're now a free man? ;)

Morning:
I don't know if it will show up, but I have updated my timeline. Also, how is your case going and Anakara....I have not seen any development lately in your cases...

faysal
I have not seen any development lately in your cases...
That's because there's none in mine and I haven't heard from annaraka, either.

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused: my file to asylum office almost 70days,not any massaage yet...
today i went to my lawyer office ,my attorney told me right now is not good point to inquiry for case status, what do u guys think about apply for asylum.since apply to receive interview notice,how long gotta take..and is there any website can check out i589 processing time line??i am concening ao sent me a letter but i didnot get it now,because i didnot receive transfer notice from io..my attorney made phone call to io,they sent letter back said they canot resent notice again,just copy online status to me ,those days i checki my mail box everyday.sigh.......................i think only i can do now just pray with god ......