Divorce.. spouse threatening deportation

AngB

Registered Users (C)
Ok so i have been married to my wife for over two years now and were getting a divorce, she's threatening to deport me. We waited the 2 years to file because she couldn't show she could financially support me. Our interview was after our 2nd anniversary and i was given a green card that says PERMANENT RESIDENT which expire11/19/11. So my question is can she deport me? No i didn't marry her just to get my papers, it was real for me. She said she called the immigration and there's and investigation, she said she told them about my mom who is here illegally, can they deport her for no reason?

Also can i renew my Green Card after the divorce or do i need her for that? I thought after you waited the two year period then file that you get your permanent papers and don't need to prove your marriage to immigration anymore..?
I'm so confused do i need an immigration lawyer and a divorce lawyer?

Please help.

As long as your marriage was bona fide then theres nothing she can do. You now have your unconditioned GC so youre good to go as you've obviously satisfied the requirements of a 2 year long bona fide marriage, so I wouldnt worry too much about it.

As for your mom though......that I'm not too sure about. How is she here illegally (entered without inspection/visa expired etc)? Anyone out of status/illegal presence is subject to potential deportation.

You have a conditional green card. File an I-751 when the divorce is finalised or you are within 90 days of your GC expiry date, whichever occurs first. As long as the marriage was bonafide while it lasted, you should be able to remove your conditions.

Also can i renew my Green Card after the divorce or do i need her for that?

Ok but how do i prove to them it was "bonafide"? she won't test to that.
One of you said it was conditional and the other said unconditioned, any other thoughts?
Last, my mom came with a visitors visa which has expired.
I know a guy that got a dui twice and was driving without a license at least 1 of the time, he had an ankle bracelet for 6 months and still has to go to some of those alcohol classes. He came in this country illegally and dosn't have any papers but they haven't deported him, so im just wondering..

Conditional Resident

Ok so i have been married to my wife for over two years now and were getting a divorce, she's threatening to deport me. We waited the 2 years to file because she couldn't show she could financially support me. Our interview was after our 2nd anniversary and i was given a green card that says PERMANENT RESIDENT which expire11/19/11. So my question is can she deport me? No i didn't marry her just to get my papers, it was real for me. She said she called the immigration and there's and investigation, she said she told them about my mom who is here illegally, can they deport her for no reason?

Also can i renew my Green Card after the divorce or do i need her for that? I thought after you waited the two year period then file that you get your permanent papers and don't need to prove your marriage to immigration anymore..?
I'm so confused do i need an immigration lawyer and a divorce lawyer?

Please help.

If you look at your Green Card you will probably see the Class of Admission being a CR1. This means you are a conditional resident. If the marriage ends before an I-751 (I-751 needs to be filed by the US Citizen) is filed and approved then it will be very difficult (but not impossible) for you to obtain your permanent resident card. If an I-751 is not filed withing 3 to 6 months after the expiration date on your green card then your status will be terminated