Divorce planning ,can I cancel my wife GC

db1234

Registered Users (C)
Hi All ,

It is a sad situation.The person I once trusted ,is ignored me.

Me and my wife Applied for I-485I (it is pending) to gether,we already got EAD.

Now we have domestic issues,And I am planing for divorce. I applied GC through Employment based category.

Is there any way I can revoke her GC process,is I need to wait untill our divorce approves legally ? what happens if She will get GC in the mean time

Please help me how to stop that cheater to get GC from me.

please advice me.Thanks for all

db1234 said:
Is there any way I can revoke her GC process,is I need to wait untill our divorce approves legally? what happens if She will get GC in the mean time

If she is legally married to you at the time your I-485 is approved, then she gets a Green Card. The most you could do is revoke your Affadavit of Support.

From the examples I've read about where a green card is revoked in a marriage, the only thing the INS is concerned about is whether or not the marriage was entered "in good faith". Unfortunately, her cheating on you doesn't prove she was honest about marrying you in the first place.

mdh

The following is something you should read. It's from http://www.immigration-law.com/, "Q&A on Visa Number Retrogression":

Q22: My Indian husband and I filed EB-3 I-485 applications. Sadly, we are not getting along well and physically separated. Since I-485 is going to take so long time, I will have to decide when this marriage should end. I want to know the different consequences of legal separation vs divorce on my pending I-485 application. I am currently working using EAD and Advance Parole. A. Sorry that your marriage is falling apart. Under the immigration law, the government cannot deny I-485 solely on the basis of "viability" of the marriage. Physical or legal separation creates the viability of the marriage. Accordingly, if your I-485 is approved after years of waiting, your green card will be considered valid and legitimate. On the other hand, if you get divorce, you will no longer be eligible for I-485 and face one of the two consequences. If the agency learns that you are divorced, they will deny your application. If the agency approves your I-485 without the knowledge of your divorce, your green card will remain revocable and the agency can bring a revocation proceeding to cancel your card if they learn that at the time they approved your green card, you were divorced from the primary beneficiary of the I-140 petition.

OK , I am going to apply for Divorce,Once it approves,How can I inform INS ,saying that to stop my wife's Visa?

just forget and forgive

db1234 said:
please advice me.

This is away from the immigration issue --- just forget and forgive.. thats the good thing for U ..
Why take all the headace to revoke and end up with all this hassel .. If U are parting .. do it with grace ... and start a new life... Someone getting GC from U is a minor thing --- very minor -- our life is so finite... no mortal time should be lost doing -ve things..
I am sure U will have a great life ahead.

Just my 2 cents...

I agree with Nadi

Dear db1234,

I am sorry to hear that you are in bad terms with your wife. As a man who have been married to my wife for nine years, I completely agree with Nadi and would like you to re-consider your decision going for divorce.

I don't remember exactly how many times my wife and I fought and argued each other since we married in 1996. And guess what? almost every time we agreed to go ahead our own way. Then the morning came, we sat together, talked to each other, and understood each other's differences. That's how my wife and I have been together for a long time, kind of.

If you don't think you can talk to your wife, please turn to your friends or relatives for help. There oughtta be a way to reconcile. God Bless You!

Guys ,

Thanks for your rpely,in m ycase.My wife is living separtely more than 10 monhs,And she never attempt to come back to me.I paid her from day one to now,But She doesnot care for that,She is selfish and not honest.She never attempted to call me,

She is not ordianry Indian girl

I am glad

Dear db1234,

I am glad to hear more from you!

I know for sure that it is really hard to start talking to your wife, especially it has been ten months since you are away from her. However, you have already begun the process of healing!

You know where she lives and you know her phone number. What does this all mean? Go ahead to knock on her door, or pick up the phone to talk to her. I believe you can do it and I am sure she is waiting for you!

Have a Great Day!

I called her many times,I met couple of times,But She donot care to continue the relation.

She donot have any respect to relation ,what she care is how to keep her job alive ,and need to get GC .

I requested her to change ,by calling ,personally ,But never listen to me,so there is no other way................................

db1234 said:
Is there any way I can revoke her GC process,

what happens if She will get GC in the mean time

First count me noone side,

Here is my opinion,

Sometime in life things doesn't go the way we expect, there would be some reason for it and God knows better.

Beside all, as man open ur heart and try to be a person who like to 'Give' things to others not 'Taking' things even they they did bad thing with u.

That will show her one day how good person u are, and ppl do change. let her go with peace and pray. and don't expect any return from her.

And think on this way God like forgiveness, and the good thing even smallone u do will be counted and will return to u as a good reward when u most needed. let her go with peace and see how far can she go. may be she is trying to foucs too much on some material temporary things that make her blind to see good heart of others.

I hope u got it what path should be prefer to walk on as a Kind-hearted/Big-hearted man, Give ppl 'Happiness' instead of taking , let her go with peace. and leave everything on God. and let God work on his own way, he do have plan for everyone.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Fraud

Getting gc by 'fraud' is a serious offense in the books of USCIS. If your wife gets gc and is not married to you at the time of gc, this would be considered fraud. Her gc would be revocable and you may be considered a party to perpetuating the fraud. Therefore, when you get the final divorce, send the divorce papers with a letter stating that you are withdrawing the affidavit of support because your wife is no longer a dependent for you. You would want to keep copies of it and send it by certified mail, so if USCIS ignores it and grants your wife gc, you could prove later that you tried your best to prevent a fraudulent aquisition of gc. As to saving your marriage and all the preachy stuff, it is for you and your family to decide.

db1234 said:
I called her many times,I met couple of times,But She donot care to continue the relation.
She donot have any respect to relation ,what she care is how to keep her job alive ,and need to get GC .
I requested her to change ,by calling ,personally ,But never listen to me,so there is no other way................................

Sad to hear Ur story.. It looks like U like to continue the relationship..
Well ... U think that she does not want to continue the relationship.. She does not want a divorce .. U want it .. right.

Does she have any one other than U .. Hmm I mean is she seeing somebody... If yes go ahead with the divorce .. forget all that GC and all .. bull shit.

If NO .. that is she is not seeing some one else ....
I strongly suggest that U see a marriage councellor .... Dont take this lightly .. it is a must ... I repeat take an appointment ....

It might work wonders...

db1234 said:
Hi All ,

It is a sad situation.The person I once trusted ,is ignored me.

Me and my wife Applied for I-485I (it is pending) to gether,we already got EAD.

Now we have domestic issues,And I am planing for divorce. I applied GC through Employment based category.

Is there any way I can revoke her GC process,is I need to wait untill our divorce approves legally ? what happens if She will get GC in the mean time

please advice me.Thanks for all

My personal suggestion , if you can travel to Mexico, You can file for divorce in one day, you do not even need her there for that just mail a copy to her and INS, with you ND #.

Good Luck. :D

db1234,

Go ahead a get a QUICK divorce!!! (if u dont have kids, just go ahead)
Don't keet any negative feelings inside you and don't worry about any animosity. It is just that this girl is not for you
--
Get married to a new younger beautiful girl!!!
--
and may be not even get married at all!!
--

I am happy

Dear db1234,

I am very happy, not because I finally received my plastic card, but because I learned that you have done your part to bring her back. I personally would like to thank you for that! One of the things we need to do now is to let her talk.

As the coin has two sides, so does every story. I would like to hear from her what went wrong ten months ago and why she walked away from you. My guess is that there was an unfortunate event that brought enormous amount of misunderstanding to both you and her.

I have no means to contact her at this moment, partially because she is probably not a member of this forum. One thing I can suggest is that you approach one of her closest friends or relatives to figure out what really is in her mind. I doubt green card and work are the only things in her mind. Please remember it would take a while to let her speak out since she and you have been separated for ten months. The recovery should take some time and you should make an extra effort to have her back.

As Nadi suggested, seeing a marriage counselor is a great option, too.

If I can be of any further help, please post more updates or feel free to contact me at my email address. Thanks!