Divorce after Citizenship

tryin

I also posted this in the USC forum since that forum has more traffic involving USC.

Hi all!
I am a naturalized USC. I am currently married (5+ years) with 2 children. I got the GC through my marriage to my wife. I also applied for USC based on 3-year marriage rule, and I did my oath in March 09.

Due to various factors, it seems that a divorce in my marriage is a possibility. I am trying to get an opinion if this can hurt my USC in any way.

Any comment is really appreciated. Thanks.

I also posted this in the USC forum since that forum has more traffic involving USC.

Hi all!
I am a naturalized USC. I am currently married (5+ years) with 2 children. I got the GC through my marriage to my wife. I also applied for USC based on 3-year marriage rule, and I did my oath in March 09.

Due to various factors, it seems that a divorce in my marriage is a possibility. I am trying to get an opinion if this can hurt my USC in any way.

Divorce will not have any consequences on your citizenship. As long as you were married and living together at the time you became a citizen, what happens afterwards has no bearing on your citizenship.

Now its a business for the citizenship. Everyone want citizenship so he got the marry and after get the citizenship he will give the divorce. But I don't think so that it is fair.

Hi all!

Once you are a citizen, divorce has no effect on it. You are outisde USCIS jurisdiction now.