Discuss: Visa Bulletin - Punishing news for India

All I was trying to say ...

stucklabor said:
Saras,

You raise some important points.

It is strange that EB3 India is still available, given that last year there were approx 20K-30K EB3s or so from India. I forget the exact number.

When IV people met the USCIS ombudsman, he said that USCIS has no good computerized database of all the applications. At a given instance, they cannot even tell how many EB2 or EB3 applications are documentarily qualified since they only track PD and name.

RIght now, the STEM exemptions are a big deal in all proposed legislation. This is where someone with a MS+ degree in Science/Tech/Eng/Math and 3 years experience gets exempted from the annual limits. Well, if someone's 485 is already pending and they are STEM exempt, they have to file another 485. USCIS' databases only track PD and name, so they can't pick out the STEM exempt ones.

I

stucklabor,

All I was trying to say through that post is that this whole process has no real logic and no one can tell us exactly what is going on. Not even the DOS and USCIS have any clear idea. To say that they have access to some great database and accurate stats is just ridiculous.

regards,

saras

so

USCIS says that 233 visa numbers (2800/12) were used up by I485s with PDs of 04-08-2001 and 04-15-2001 ???

I am sure some would be purchased labors. Wasnt there a rule to ban purchase labor?

Last edited by a moderator:
AGC4ME said:
USCIS says that 233 visa numbers (2800/12) were used up by I485s with PDs of 04-08-2001 and 04-15-2001 ???

i will not be surprised if this is true.....there may be several people with that old pd stuck in some name check or something...........and for sure thousands of substitute labors being sold or bartered.......

and since majority IT workers are from india, they will be the one using a sub labor.....which means EB3 may keep crawling till these sub labor business is not banned...

whatever the deal is.....i can safely say that if there is no positive news from lawmakers in the next 3-4 months......one can take the risk of abandoning the GC process with a EB3-india-June 2003 onwards.....for the sake of better work/life/family etc..

Labor substitution

I came acorss some cases where 1998 Labors were used (EB3-IND). For EB3-India substituted labors seem to impede visa date advancement, if not 245i. Also, I watched the EB3 interviews scheduled at Mumbai consulate. Some of the cases seem to be created in 2006. My suspicion is that these are substituted labors.

Thanks

HBG2001 said:
I came acorss some cases where 1998 Labors were used (EB3-IND). For EB3-India substituted labors seem to impede visa date advancement, if not 245i. Also, I watched the EB3 interviews scheduled at Mumbai consulate. Some of the cases seem to be created in 2006. My suspicion is that these are substituted labors.

Thanks

YES ., STILL THERE ARE SOME CROOK DESI COMPANIES ARE SELLING OLD LABORS!!

Wow - so the system has actually encouraged people to buy labors as old as 1998 in the year 2006 and then do a consular processing. I am sure those labors are unused labors which would have been filed for someone who worked for that company and later lost his job in the dot com bust or moved to another company.
Despite so much struggle and plea nothing has been done to ban to sub labor. Instead, one company that was advertising on internet selling sub labor was busted (only reason because they publicly advertised on the internet) .

This actually seems to be the main reason for applying hard country limit on India, genuine folks are getting punished for this.

The only thing which drives me nuts is even if u r allowing Sub why in God's name are u giving the old PD to a new beneficiary? Let the 140 filing date be his PD!

CoolTiger said:
The only thing which drives me nuts is even if u r allowing Sub why in God's name are u giving the old PD to a new beneficiary? Let the 140 filing date be his PD!

Exactly. But, there needs to be a law to do that. Doesn't it?

cooltiger..........the logic is that since that company has invested so much time and money and they badly need the employee to fill the postion

Fine
Let them have the employee thru the Sub-Lab just let him wait like others which is fair...I mean if a company needs an employee today and sponsor's somebody'g GC they are not gonna allow him to come in 6 mos bcoz the co needs him.....why not apply the same yardstick to the Sub-Labor?

Is there any logic that immigrants (the basis of America) have invested time, effort, skill and contributed need some attention.

Excellent point Chanduv :cool:
For Pete's sake how abut some logic for tax paying, law abiding, economy growing, revenue generating, BADLY IN NEED poor fellas like us!

Why Indians are punished?

(1) Is it DOS DOL DOJ USCIS ? No they are doing their duty, doing the best they could and making sure they do the best of their job by the law

(2) Is it employers? No - they are trying hard to get competitive workers. Filing GCs for prospective workers and always seeking a pool of talent

(3) Is it lawyers - No they are doing their best and working their way through a complex web of immigration laws

(4) American citizens - Working hard to save their jobs (?????) from competitive foreign workers. Most of them are unemployed and replaced by a low waged immigrant worker(????????) Is that true?????

(5) Immigrants - Doing nothing, want all benefits, complaining, not assimilating, working for low wages, adding to joblessness, not bringing skills, are in surplus, demanding etc

(6) Most immigrants in the EB category are from India. India is rising and shining and jobs are being outsourced to India. India is a developing nation and the job market is promising. Indians are all over the place ie Scientists, Doctors, Engineers etc.... Indian community is called the Model immigrant community and the most progressive community.

(7) What is the issue???? The Indian presence. Let us teach Indians a lesson. Let us hit them where it hurts.

(8) How do we do it?? Lets screw them in immigration.

(9) How do we do that? All we have to do is remove the soft country limit and apply the hard country limit and they are screwed.

(10) Wont they complain?? They can't because we are not doing anything outside the law.

(11) What if they form groups and influence our leaders? Maybe what we do is not legally wrong but ethically wrong - Who cares about a bunch of hard working skilled workers??

(12) where will this end??? This does not end, because if it ends either of us will be screwed.

(13) Why does this not end?? Because when we give shit, people learn to live with shit. The blacks learnt to live in shit, now the Indians will. The Indians will contribute as well as live in shit hahaha two fold purpose solved...

(14)

chanduv......to some extent people do learn to live in shit....if that is the only option........but now people have started looking for better shit....(if not USA try Aust...if not that then why not go back to india....afterall its a familiar shit :D)......

but it is also true that unless india grows another two fold......more people will keep coming over here on H1 visa.....and hence US economy will keep moving with/without us...........but i can say for sure....that quality of people coming over here will keep reducing.......

try too make the best out of any shit... thats the bottom line.

SKILLED WORKERS FROM INDIA MUST LEARN TO DIG GOLD OUT OF SHIT yuckkkkkkkkkkkkk :D :D

American shit - best gold
Australian or Canadian shit - better gold
Indian shit - good and now improved gold.

So it is our choice

No offence to anyone, just getting some humor out of all this :D :D :D