Discrepancy with IAP66/DS2019 & Passport Annotations for J1 Visa

shashi_gc

Registered Users (C)
I had travelled to US on J1 visa from June 2003 to Sep 2003.Am a Software
Engineer and has 8+ yrs of IT industry experience.

My IAP66 form does not have check box ticked whether I am subject to 2 years HRR or not.However my J1 Passport Stamp has clause for Section 212(e) for two years home rule apply.

Now I want to travel to US on Blanket L1 visa and not sure whether I am
subject to 2 years HRR.

I did checked with Department of State to speak to Visa speciality officer
and got conflicting reports. Some did say that I can still travel on Blanket L1
,some said I have to wait for another 6 months to complete the HRR
or to get the waiver before i can apply and travel on Blanket L1.

Pls guide me.

Regards,
-Shashi

lucy,

Thanks for your reply. I am still in India and now planning to travel to US on B1.

Meanwhile I was planning to send all the required docs to my sis who is in chicago, so that she can forward on my behalf to DOS to seek the advisory opinion. Any idea how much time they will take.

Parallely i have asked my sis to send the revised data sheet to DOS to get the case number.

Once I land in US may be by March 17th, I will approach the Indian Consulate in New York for NORI, for them to send the waiver certificate to DOS.

After Waiver Certificate issued to DOS, can I come back to india for my Blanket L1, or should I have to wait for official recommendation by DOS.
Looks like they will then forward it to INS.

Pls help me out.

if the advisory opinion says you are a subject you will have to get a waiver. You will have to get a favorable recommendation from the DOS, they then forward your case along with the recommendation to the BCIS. BCIS issues a waiver about 3 weeks after receipt. After you get a waiver, you can get L1 visa.