dilemma

yxd0018

Registered Users (C)
I have a problem here and wonder if anyone can give 2cents
I'm waiting for legal docs to apply for TN. The employer lawyer said it's not sure if I can get it by this Sat.
I have a business trip to US arranged the next week with my current employer, which I can not drag on any more.
If I don't get docs, I can only apply TN after I come back from US. That's ok.
If I get docs on Sat, should I go straight to apply TN?
case 1: I get TN on this Sat, I can quit job right away. If my current employer wants me to take the trip anyway, can I go with current Canadian employer with visitor visa when I have TN on my passport?
case 2: If I get denied with TN, can I re-enter border as visitor again the next Monday for current Canadian employer and after coming back, then re-apply TN ?

Lawyer's suggestion is to apply for TN after the trip since it's uncertain whether I can get TN on this Sat.

Your attorney will give you far better advice for your particular situation than a forum. You would be foolish to ignore his advice for what you get from a layman on the internet.

With MS in CS, the attorney's suggestion of using "engineer" title rather than "computer system analyst" title doesn't give me much confidence. I want to listen to the story actually happened in the real life to aid my decision making.

Apply for TN when you need TN. Your entry for current employer is on B1. As described in your other thread, its unlikley that you will be getting TN this week.

Your attorney will give you far better advice for your particular situation than a forum. You would be foolish to ignore his advice for what you get from a layman on the internet.

Unfortunately, not all lawyers are competent when it comes to TN. The OP is actually quite smart to get a second opinion from experienced TN veterans.

Thanks. I decide not to rush. I will take the business trip on B1 then apply TN after coming back.