Dilemma for the experts here: is it possible to extend H1 status for only 30 days!!!

yafayez

Registered Users (C)
Urgent help,

I was hired on a contract (with a university) that will end Nov. 30 2005.

My employer made a mistake and applied for a change of status for me (F1 to H1) for only one year starting Nov. 1st 2004 and ending Nov.1st 2005 instead of Nov. 30 as the date of my contract ends.

Now here is the delimma, is it possible for my employer to file an extension to the H1 status for the reminaning 30 days (from Nov. 1st to Nov. 30). If yes, how long it would take for them to process this request. If no, what is the minimum period for an extention. Urgent help is needed

Urgent: Any feedback

yafayez said:
Urgent help,

My employer made a mistake and applied for a change of status for me (F1 to H1) for only one year starting Nov. 1st 2004 and ending Nov.1st 2005 instead of Nov. 30 as the date of my contract ends.

Now here is the delimma, is it possible for my employer to file an extension to the H1 status for the reminaning 30 days (from Nov. 1st to Nov. 30). If yes, how long it would take for them to process this request. If no, what is the minimum period for an extention. Urgent help is needed

yafayez said:
Urgent help,

If you are in H1, you are eligle to get 5 more years of extn from current employer or any other employer who willing to sponser you.