Different Place of Birth in Passport Vs Birth Certificate

Dheera

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Anybody submitted 485 application to USCIS with different place of birth in the passport vs actual Birth Certificate? If I sumbit without correcting will there be an issue? I'm trying to use cross chargeblity from Iran, thats where I was born and have a valid Birth Certificate. Please help.

Thanks,
Dheera

Hi All,

Anybody submitted 485 application to USCIS with different place of birth in the passport vs actual Birth Certificate? If I sumbit without correcting will there be an issue? I'm trying to use cross chargeblity from Iran, thats where I was born and have a valid Birth Certificate. Please help.

Thanks,
Dheera

How did this situation come to be? It is not unusual if one is born along a disputed border OR there has been a significant event (like the break up of the Soviet Union or the the succession of a border area from one political entity to another, i.e. India and Pakistan).

Anything beyond that generally looks like fraud.

Twhhbx

It was a mistake while applying for passport...I have written my mothers home town not reliazing until lately about using by actual birth which was in Iran when my father worked there...so, I'm trying to correct my passport with the right place of birth...but in the mean time don't want to delay in applying 485 will this be okay? Or should I have to recorrect it in the passport and then apply 485...Please advise.

Thanks,
Dheera

It was a mistake while applying for passport...I have written my mothers home town not reliazing until lately about using by actual birth which was in Iran when my father worked there...so, I'm trying to correct my passport with the right place of birth...but in the mean time don't want to delay in applying 485 will this be okay? Or should I have to recorrect it in the passport and then apply 485...Please advise.

Thanks,
Dheera

See a lawyer and show the documents to him or her.