Different A#s on Approved I 140 and I 485 Receipt

yybobgc

I found out that my A# on my I485 receipt is different then the already approved I 140. At the time I submitted my I 485 ( July 2nd) my I 140 is not yet approved. My I 140 was approved on July 11.

On the I 485 receipt the "priority date" column is also left empty.

Can I please know what can i do?

Your help is greatly appreciated

My receipt has priority date blank

My receipt also has the priority date left as blank. I-140 was approved way before I field 485.

Would anyone who does not have this field blank respond please?

I have a similar situation too. Here is what I posted few minutes ago.

All,
My 140 was approved in Dec 2006, and there was a A number listed in the approval. When we applied for 485/EAD and AP, my attorney did note that Alien number from my 140 onto these forms.

I've just received an email from the attorney that they have received the physical receipt notices (6 of them one for each applicant). She noted in her email that now, I and my wife have new Alien A numbers.

Is that normal ?
I assume the old A number (the one that came with my 140) is not valid, and that the new one that we got from 485s is the one that needs to be used.

Please advise.

All,
My 140 was approved in Dec 2006, and there was a A number listed in the approval. When we applied for 485/EAD and AP, my attorney did note that Alien number from my 140 onto these forms.

I've just received an email from the attorney that they have received the physical receipt notices (6 of them one for each applicant). She noted in her email that now, I and my wife have new Alien A numbers.

Is that normal ?
I assume the old A number (the one that came with my 140) is not valid, and that the new one that we got from 485s is the one that needs to be used.

Please advise.
When I 140 gets approved you get A#. This is what I heard, this will be your file number for all your I485, EAD, AP .. EAD2, AP2 etc..
Your lawyer should explain you why you got new A#.

All,
-----------did you check the forms I-485, I-131, I-765 are you sure lawyer wrote correct A#???

Is that normal ?
I assume the old A number (the one that came with my 140) is not valid,
-----------------Why do you think the old A# is not valid? Do you have any reason to support your assumption?
and that the new one that we got from 485s is the one that needs to be used.

Please advise.

--------------------------------

ginnu,

Yes I have double checked the 485, EAD and AP forms and enclosed documents. The correct A# was written at all the applicable places.

I've heard a lot of cases where the 140 approvals did NOT have any A#s on them. And to avoid dealing with the confusion the USCIS might be allocating new A#s for these recent forms that are sent in.

I did not assume that my old A# is not valid. When I called USCIS to inquire about it, the Tier II personnel said that "Whatever the situation may be, with your old A#, going forward please track your application via the newer A# thats been allocated on your pending 485"

Those were pretty much the exact verbage she used.

I am a little confused, as to what should I do. I've asked my attorney and am awaiting his feedback as to what he finds out about this.

Will keep this forum posted.

Same case here too...

Last week i received Receipt for my 485 forms,but the Alien number is different than the approved I-140 which was approved last year.
I talked to my Lawyer, he says possibly they didn't have time to locate the approved I-140 number so they have given new number. he called up and requested to look into it.So they might reconcile the case when they adjucate..
Not sure its good for me or not..

Another weird thing is so far we have not received my wife's I-485 receipt but we have I765 and I131 receipts!!!..
Any suggestions???

Jay22

As per the I-485 Standard Operating Procedure, A# resolution is done by a separate unit which takes care of the assignment, and reallocation of redundant numbers.

I have two I-140's but my second I-140 carried the A# of the previous one.

Maybe in the deluge of applications that they received, they did not do it.

Just bring it to the notice of the USCIS to reduce A# wastage on their side as well as any future confusion to you and during their audits.

Overall I feel you should be perfectly fine.

Last week i received Receipt for my 485 forms,but the Alien number is different than the approved I-140 which was approved last year.
I talked to my Lawyer, he says possibly they didn't have time to locate the approved I-140 number so they have given new number. he called up and requested to look into it.So they might reconcile the case when they adjucate..
Not sure its good for me or not..

Another weird thing is so far we have not received my wife's I-485 receipt but we have I765 and I131 receipts!!!..
Any suggestions???

Jay22