Different A# on I-140 approval notice and I-485 receipt notice

Imm_curious

Hello,

Hope someone can help me answer the following questions. Really appreciate your response.

1. The Alien Number (A#) on my I-140 approval notice and I-485 receipt notice is different. Will this be a problem?

2. There is no Priority Date listed on the I-485 receipt notice. Will this be a problem?

Is it possible to fix them now, if you think these will cause any problem with processing my I-485 application.

Thanks,
Ram.

Hello,

Hope someone can help me answer the following questions. Really appreciate your response.

1. The Alien Number (A#) on my I-140 approval notice and I-485 receipt notice is different. Will this be a problem?

2. There is no Priority Date listed on the I-485 receipt notice. Will this be a problem?

Is it possible to fix them now, if you think these will cause any problem with processing my I-485 application.

Thanks,
Ram.

This happen to those with A# from previous application and once applied for I485 they will get another A#. See if the A# on the I140 is the one issued to you before. If not and this is a new number, then the A# on the I485 should be the same and request by writing to the USCIS to fix this.
If the PD is not current for your category (which I think is the case), then do not worry about PD now.

Do you see any reason for the difference? Did you have an A# before filing the I-140 and I-485, like from a previous visa, and does the old A# match either the I-140 or I-485? If not, it could be a USCIS clerical error which could cause delays. Make an Infopass appointment to investigate. You need to know which one to use for your future EAD and Advance Parole applications (probably the one on the I-485, but talk to them at the Infopass about it).
It normally doesn't have a priority date. The priority date is listed on the I-140 approval notice.