Did you hear from FBI name check?

ddaa2

Registered Users (C)
I faxed my inquiry to FBI for the name check status on 9/22/04, still didn't hear from them. For those who has send fax to FBI, did you get FBI reply? How long it takes? Anybody is still waiting for reply like me?

a 2001 painful 485 filer needs your help.

Faxed and then e-mailed today ...

I am in a similary situation, I sent my fax on 9/29/04 and still havent heard anything from them.
I read in one of the posts here that FBI has stopped acknowledging/processing Fax requests, rather preferring e-mail so thats what I did today.

Rhino.

Add me to the list. My fax went out on around 09/20/04 (don't have the exact date handy) and nada so far.

ETA

I got the reply

I faxed FBI for name check results on 9/16. And they replied on 10/15. It took about a month.

I sent fax and email on 9/20, still no reply. I saw some postings people who sent the request later got replies, so not sure what kind of strategy they use for replying.

ddaa2 said:
I faxed my inquiry to FBI for the name check status on 9/22/04, still didn't hear from them. For those who has send fax to FBI, did you get FBI reply? How long it takes? Anybody is still waiting for reply like me?

a 2001 painful 485 filer needs your help.

Some time people get reply even if the Name check is pending and some time they wait till your name check completed.

i got email reply today at 6.30 pm from fbi..stating tht
"This is in reference to your facsimile received on September 20, 2004, concerning your immigration status. The FBI completed a record check for you on August 1, 2003, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Washington, DC."

Does it mean tht security and name check is done ?

Yes. Your name check is done and this one is really the big one and all others are relatively quick. Good Luck!
sanju_y678 said:

sanju_y678 said:
i got email reply today at 6.30 pm from fbi..stating tht
"This is in reference to your facsimile received on September 20, 2004, concerning your immigration status. The FBI completed a record check for you on August 1, 2003, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Washington, DC."

Sanju_y678: Your FP was done in September so how come name check was completed more than a month ago. So may be USCIS requests the name check at time they issue FP notice :confused:

I sent a fax on 9/21, and ended up sending an email last week, haven't heard anything yet. Let's see when/if I get a reply back.

unitednations.

Mr. Pierre is wrong. There are many cases where USCIS hasn't initiated name check even after 18 months of I485 filing. I am one of those victims.

This agency's right hand doesn't know what it's left hand is doing, utter failure of co-ordination. It is a big surprise to see that they are some how working under one roof.

My name check was pending since Jan 2003, and I was told since 7-03 that case is with an adjudicator, but the senator office told me name or date of birth pending. My employer did an enquiry every month. Till in mArch 2004 I was told that name chec was clear but derivative case FP 2 is pending and both cases will be separated and I had seen the e mail and 3 days after the email FP2 for derivative was sent. So i was happy assuming approval is on the way, till a repeat enquiry in APril showed name check was pending.
Then i contacted my employer to sent a letter as interested govt agency did not work.
Contacted congresswoman and she confirmed that name check was pending and wait 2 weeks nothing happened till from this forum \I sent 3 enquiries and was told that name check pending and could not be helped.
Then i told the congress woman sec. to call the FBI via laison and did that help or my time was due, I was told that many cases were sent in batches

So my suggestion write a letter with a detail history about job and family and tell opur congress woman / man to contact the laison officer ,

Good luck!

guys, I just got a reply from FBI. I sent the first fax on 3rd week of august and then waited for a month. No reply. Then I started sending fax and email every week. I got the reply that "This is in reply of your email dated 29th sept.......". So they may not be accepting faxes.

Pibo

pibo said:
guys, I just got a reply from FBI. I sent the first fax on 3rd week of august and then waited for a month. No reply. Then I started sending fax and email every week. I got the reply that "This is in reply of your email dated 29th sept.......". So they may not be accepting faxes.

Can you let me know, what the e-mail address is?

Thanks.